2001 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Daily Driver Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the videos, I like your channel.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

I'm driving to NE Oklahoma tonight for tomorrow's severe storm setup (outbreak potential).
Yesterday they were predicting tornadoes, but now they're just saying tennis ball sized hail. You know, small stuff. The Mustang's gonna go in the shop, and I'll probably park WCJr under a tree.

Stay safe!

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Due to my bad forecasting, I managed not to ruin the blazer on this nearly 2000 mile escapade.

But it did have a few minor issues.

First off, the check engine light would flash due to a misfire whenever going up hill at high speed. Sounds to me like either dirty spider injectors or maybe the spark plugs being original (the iridium ones are supposed to last over 100k).

Also the brakes let go after panic stopping.
You must be registered for see images attach

It turns out that this braided line going to the ABS block is the culprit.

I also found this red flag right here.
(Compression fitting)

According to the Carfax THE DEALER replaced this brake line. I personally don't trust compression fittings for brake lines, so I'm probably going to cut and join them back together properly with two double flares and the appropriate fittings.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I've done a few things with the Blazer.

First off, I built myself a laptop mount for storm chasing (Helped me intercept the Minden IA EF3)

I also found some nicer wheels for it (I still need to paint them, they're in primer right now).

I took the headlights off the truck while I was at it ($40 for everything).

These sealed beams won't mount right up like with a GMT400, so I'm going to have to do some modification work on this core support Once I find the matching grille, I should be able to use it to figure out where these headlights need to be. After that I'll probably end up welding a couple of nuts to the support and bolting the headlights right in place.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also had a slightly crazy idea to make the rear end a little more macho looking.

I was thinking about changing out the rear bumper for a chrome one off an S10 pickup.

The obvious issue that that is that the bumper extensions stick out too far, but I found a pretty neat solution for that.

I can just use these shorter extensions that come with a roll pan kit.

It would look a little bit like this (Obviously not slammed to the ground).

I kinda find it ironic that I'd be buying a roll pan kit when I'm trying to achieve the exact opposite effect.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I've done a few things with the Blazer.

First off, I built myself a laptop mount for storm chasing (Helped me intercept the Minden IA EF3)

I also found some nicer wheels for it (I still need to paint them, they're in primer right now).

I took the headlights off the truck while I was at it ($40 for everything).

These sealed beams won't mount right up like with a GMT400, so I'm going to have to do some modification work on this core support Once I find the matching grille, I should be able to use it to figure out where these headlights need to be. After that I'll probably end up welding a couple of nuts to the support and bolting the headlights right in place.
'94-'97 S series trucks had sealed beam headlights. You could get the buckets from one of them. Would be an even easier swap, if you got the core support. Then you could run the truck grille too.

Edit: I'm an idiot. re-reading your post, you have truck buckets already, and know all that. Carry on. lol