Slipping trans after rebuild.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BradHanks15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just seems to be moving the forward piston. Testing the hole on the input drum outside of the pump moves the 3-4 just fine.
Check your input shaft sealing rings...If you have already checked them and they're fine, you'll need to dig into it a bit further to see what the problem is.

BradHanks15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I apply pressure to the two holes on the pump with the input drum removed I can feel air out of two different holes. The 34 hole I can feel on the higher hole on the inside of the reverse input drum. In the forward I can feel on the lower hole of the reverse input drum.

BradHanks15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I apply pressure to the two holes on the pump with the input drum removed I can feel air out of two different holes. The 34 hole I can feel on the higher hole on the inside of the reverse input drum. In the forward I can feel on the lower hole of the reverse input drum.
I may have not had the input drum fully splined into the reverse drum, idk if that could cause that issue.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have not had the input drum fully splined into the reverse drum, idk if that could cause that issue.
Likely the problem. 2-3 Feed hole in the stator was misaligned to the one on the shaft. Let me know if fully seating the rev drum resolved the problem.

BradHanks15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. Appreciate it. I ripped a Teflon seal on the way out so I’ll need to replace that. I’ll let you know after.