Rotors and brakes opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rotors and calipers were sourced from Powerstop. Everything else was from local Napa store
"Drilled and slotted" rotors are a marketing gimmick. Most of them are the same Communist rotors as the inexpensive units, that someone threw on a milling machine and then put in a fancy box with a much-higher price.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings @Yardawg,

I noticed that you date coded the installation of the rear wheel cylinder as
seen in your photo. I think that's a pretty savvy practice. Only takes a
second to do, and this way the truck helps you remember exactly when this
part was initially placed in service. (Instead of having to go dig through the receipts.)

Good stuff. And welcome to the GMT400 forum!

Yardawg

Reaction score
"Drilled and slotted" rotors are a marketing gimmick. Most of them are the same Communist rotors as the inexpensive units, that someone threw on a milling machine and then put in a fancy box with a much-higher price.
Yeah I'd have to agree with you. I just happened to get them at a really good price so I thought I'd try them. I really like how they are performing but I honestly couldn't say if they are better than the others. The truck is just a work/ farm truck and doesn't get driven daily, so I don't think I'll be doing it again for a very long time if ever. Lol, I'm already getting old and I'm sure these brakes are going to outlast me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240316_222330_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240316_222330_Facebook.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240115_063824_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_063824_Gallery.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 6