New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Before and after with the new organizers. So far these are very good quality and almost infinite possibilities to arrange them!

You must be registered for see images attach
Do tell us what kind of holders are those? My box desperately needs some holders.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
See my previous post about these. They are called Alien Space Savers.
Doh! My bad for completely missing that post. Not sure why it didn't pop up as a new post instead of the one with the after photo.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alien Space Saver(formally A.S.S). Kool thing about this product is it's 100% modular.
img20240524203828-jpg.373826
I like the "modular" part. I've been using cheap "sawtooth" wrench organizers since the '80s; sometimes full-length, sometimes cut-to-fit a certain number of wrenches.

Made by Protoco (NOT "Proto" tools) along with their socket organizers which I have mixed-feelings about. Both the wrench organizers and the socket organizers have been sold by "truck tool" companies.

The wrench organizers have the benefit of being very simple and inexpensive.

The black-plastic socket rails as sold by Mac Tools in the '80s/'90s used stackable round pegs. Worked great. The rails had lots of holes for pegs, so the socket spacing could be customized depending on the diameter of the sockets. They were later "improved" with red plastic rails and crappy plastic "spring clips" that I genuinely hate. The spring clips hold the sockets so well that the clips pull out of the rails instead of the sockets pulling out of the clips.

Last edited: