My '95 RCLB C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was pulled away from the truck last Friday by a basement flood and emergency french drain install. So I haven't managed to get a finish coat on the doors yet.

But I did manage to get a few coats of body filler on the bedside. I use different colours of hardener between passes to help differentiate coats.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also got my tailgate cleaned up and temporarily installed. I'll be sanding and priming the tailgate alongside the box, so most of the hardware has been left out.

This is the first time the truck has had a tailgate in about five years. Feels good!

Also took ten minutes and swapped my cloudy turn signal housings for some new ones. The old ones were well past their expiration date.
They're Taiwanese parts, but at least they're nice and clear.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleaned up the glass and the inner door guts. They were a little gross.

Dyed the existing inner door handles to match the rest of the interior trim, duplicolor black.

Painted the door sills and inner door skin.

Assembled the door and the inner latch. Leaving the outer one off for exterior painting.

Now the dust from all the body work can stay on the outside of the vehicle, instead of mucking up my new seat.

Also figured out when I was monkeying with the steering column a while back, I got mixed up and put my steering wheel back on upside down. Oops. Got that fixed in about ten minutes, so no harm done.