How To: Install a Compass / Temperature Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i got a overhead console and mirror today. Tested mirror. The comp / temp stayed ultra dim . Even applying 12v to pin 3 wouldnt make it brighter . Or resettig / turning off auto dim. Looked like the chip in the housing had a burnt spot or two in it.

So will be returning it tomorow on lunch and hit them back up sunday while im off to browse as i made a test pigtail plug

Last edited:

Mr Eric

Reaction score
Well i got a overhead console and mirror today. Tested mirror. The comp / temp stayed ultra dim . Even applying 12v to pin 3 wouldnt make it brighter . Or resettig / turning off auto dim. Looked like the chip in the housing had a burnt spot or two in it.

So will be returning it tomorow on lunch and hit them back up sunday while im off to browse as i made a test pigtail plug
You have an update for us? Im hoping you got it sorted out and working.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. Mirror was bad. Went this morning and got another one from yard. Snaged the temp sensor to with the mount. Tested it before i even left the vehicle. Showed around 95°. Went to install in my truck and i have the small mirror base . Will have to get new base . So no update for a few days.