Headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A suburban headliner is different than a crew cab in 99. Even a base model burb in 99 has controls and vents above the passenger area, smaller vents over the rear doors, and a corresponding big hump from side to side at the b pillar. It also has a rear drop contour from side to side at the c pillar that houses more vents, and connects with the rear cargo area headliner. The crew cab has a dome light, no venting, a very shallow hump, and no rear contour as it tucks under the rear trim. Maybe some plain jane version of a suburban with no rear hvac from earlier years would work? Myself, I'd be putting out an apb on a replacement crew cab headliner.
Yeah I found this out. I was at the pick and pull and noticed that. The hope of using one out of a burb was a shot in the dark. Pics looked like it might work but once I was able to see one I knew it wouldn't work. Every sub the yard I went to had rear air so I don't know what a non rear air looks like. I'm just going to keep working on getting it back together and keep looking. Don't know where i'm going to find one yet but will figure something out.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So had another thought. Since I'm having issue finding what I need does anyone know if someone could use parts from a extended cab and a regular cab and make the 2 one. What I'm thinking is figure out where to cut both and fit them together. Does this seem like a hair brained idea? Would the portion by the back window be shaped correctly. I have a extended cab to look at but don't have a regular cab anymore. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made my own backer board out of coroplast. It didn't turn out perfectly, but it's an option maybe worth considering since you're already considering fab work.
My thread has some pictures of the headliner at a couple stages of completion.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So had another thought. Since I'm having issue finding what I need does anyone know if someone could use parts from a extended cab and a regular cab and make the 2 one. What I'm thinking is figure out where to cut both and fit them together. Does this seem like a hair brained idea? Would the portion by the back window be shaped correctly. I have a extended cab to look at but don't have a regular cab anymore. Any and all thoughts are welcome.
Trim panel for the area above the rear window on the extended cab is very different so it may be possible the headliner board shape isn't quite right for fitting a regular cab or crew cab. Regular and crew cab share a shallower trim panel.

Richard

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trim panel for the area above the rear window on the extended cab is very different so it may be possible the headliner board shape isn't quite right for fitting a regular cab or crew cab. Regular and crew cab share a shallower trim panel.

Richard
what i was thinking was use the extended cab for the front portion and cutting off somewhere before the trim piece and using the regular cab for the back half. it sounds weird when i type it out but in my head it makes sense.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made my own backer board out of coroplast. It didn't turn out perfectly, but it's an option maybe worth considering since you're already considering fab work.
My thread has some pictures of the headliner at a couple stages of completion.
ill take a look and see what i can come up with. thank you for the option.