Back again, engine cutting out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trackfiend

Reaction score
Hey guys I've got a 92 Ext. Cab GMC 5.7 TBI. A few months ago it quit on me adn it ended up being the distributor was the problem. Anyway while working on it I replaced the distributor, coil, ecu and the truck ran great. The problem I have now is really driving me up the wall. When the truck sits it fires right up and runs great. After running for a while it starts cutting out and dies. It's getting fuel and has spark. I am at a total loss since I can't figure out what it is. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

trackfiend

Reaction score
Fuel pressure is good. You can run the truck around for a little while and it runs fine. Then all of a sudden it will start to cut out and then die. If you let it sit for an hour it will fire up and run fine for a little while again. I am at a total loss as it doesn't throw a check engine light either.

trackfiend

Reaction score
Plugs are new but the wires are not. I didn't think they would cause it to do tht.

trackfiend

Reaction score
The injectors are firing when it starts cutting out, as far as spark goes I haven't put anything inline on one of the wires to see if it stops firing. I know when I was checking the timing I could hear the distributor firing.

trackfiend

Reaction score
Fixed the truck today. My wife got me a 2010 Silverado Crew Cab and it runs awesome!

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL.......I was reading and thought he found the fix not found a new truck w/ payments.

Happy Motoring !!!!!