'50 Chevy 3100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Realized I never posted any interior pics, but there's not much to see.

You must be registered for see images attach

He seems to like it, though...

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I've been adjusting the doors, and latches off and on, since I got this truck, and never got the latches working satisfactory. So I bit the bullet, and bought the Altman latch kit. The install isn't too bad, just some pretty serious cutting.

New latch

My inside latch assembly was already mounted upside due, I'm assuming, because the linkage to the OE latch was just a straight bar. I liked that it kept the bar in the indention, so left it that way, and just had to do a slight mod, to the new linkage.

New striker plate.

The results of these latches are unbelievable. The doors close so easy now, it doesn't seem right. I should note, I don't have any weather striping, so there's no resistance at closing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'll get it sealed up, once I fix the bottom of the driver's door. It currently has way better drainage than it should.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Been looking out for a GMC grille emblem, for a little while, and came across one on ebay, taking bids. When I seen it, there was only one day left, and no bids. Price was at $45 so I figured, might as while get in on it. To my surprise, it got no other bids, and arrived yesterday.

How it arrived...

These things are so hard to come by, and usually pretty pricey, I had given up on getting a chrome one.

Put some stripper on it...

Took 4 applications to get it clean enough, to go to the wire brush.

Still need to get into the tight spots, but it cleaned up very nicely. I'm tempted to try and polish it, but I'm sure it won't be chrome like. Otherwise, I was planning to paint it the same color as the wheels.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been looking out for a GMC grille emblem, for a little while, and came across one on ebay, taking bids. When I seen it, there was only one day left, and no bids. Price was at $45 so I figured, might as while get in on it. To my surprise, it got no other bids, and arrived yesterday.

How it arrived...

These things are so hard to come by, and usually pretty pricey, I had given up on getting a chrome one.

Put some stripper on it...

Took 4 applications to get it clean enough, to go to the wire brush.

Still need to get into the tight spots, but it cleaned up very nicely. I'm tempted to try and polish it, but I'm sure it won't be chrome like. Otherwise, I was planning to paint it the same color as the wheels.
What a great find!