Zq8 steering box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I searched but couldn’t find a thread about this when using the search but, I’m looking at steering boxes and wondered if anyone has put a zq8 (sport package) steering box on a truck without having that package? And if so did it make any difference or would it be a waste of time?

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I searched but couldn’t find a thread about this when using the search but, I’m looking at steering boxes and wondered if anyone has put a zq8 (sport package) steering box on a truck without having that package? And if so did it make any difference or would it be a waste of time?

Rock auto had them a couple years ago. I put one on mine. Was a huge difference for 3 months, then it started leaking. Sent it back and got the other one as a replacement. There are no markings to tell until you count the rotation from lock to lock. So went from 2.25 turns to 3 turns lock to lock. Better than 3.5 turns!