Zbhampton's 98 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach Hampton

Reaction score
Day 1: my parents decided that having two Tahoe's, a scion XB, Nissan frontier, Nissan Titan, and Ford Torino were too many cars for just two people. They decided to give me (29 year old me, not a teen or anything) the white 98. All stock LT 4x4 with 265/75-16 Cooper adventurer highway tires that were worn past the metal cords. They also kicked in $300 for two front tires. The body has 198k miles but we replaced the engine at 150k due to a loss of combustion and had the trans rebuilt while everything was out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Zach Hampton

Reaction score
Week one: added a few things. Got some 6k HID bulbs and ballasts from a friend. I'd rather go LED but *free* speaks my language. Also started calling about tires. Found two Cooper adventurers at pep boys for about $350 installed. I'd love to have some mud tires but funds are tight with a racecar project and two kids. Scoured Craigslist and found a few wheel/tire combos people were selling that would fit but none really stood out. Then I found the deal I went with. 4 BFG 265/75-16 with 75% tread mounted on Jeep JK wheels. The wheels won't fit but the tires will. Talk the guy down to $300 and he adds in a spare full-size JK wheel with matching size pro comp tire about 50% worn.

Zach Hampton

Reaction score
Week one: A good friend hooked me up with some 1.5" rear wheel spacers to get the back tires out a little. Not a bad buy for $20. So far I have just $100 into my new toy (if you don't count $40 for gas).

Zach Hampton

Reaction score
Got the spacers installed fixed the 4wd, and took off the front air dam. Hit a little construction area and got a little muddy.

Before I removed the air dam

And after. Back tires are finally spaced out to match the front.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk