Yukon Duragrip/US Standard ring and pinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrsLytn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The painful itching and swelling continue with this hemorrhoid and my truck's rear end. I put new bearings and races in for the pinion. I bought two of each pinion bearings and made me set up bearings.
I torqued pinion nut to about 130 and set the preload to about 16, bout midway of the 14-19 in their specs. I got gear patterns in the pictures I sent and BL about 8, within their 6-10 specs.
I used the CSE this time and got the preload set and gear patterns and BL
set.
Put it all back together and have only run it on stands so far. When I first started running it it didn't make any noise the first couple of minutes but then it started back to the whirring noise which I've included for everyone's video and audio pleasure. I noticed the seal leaking at the front of driveshaft so I'm replacing it now and I'm gon drive it some to see if it's the same going down the road. I'm thinking it probably will be.
I'm starting to wonder if there's some truth to the US Standard Gear sets being Yukon's rejects.
I thought I was sending a short video. Let me try it again

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The easiest way to post a video, is to post it on YouTube first, then copy, paste the link in a thread.