***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any good info on the sealed beam/h6054 kits. Since I gotta get a new housing anyway, I figure I may as well get decent projectors. I heard the cheap o eBay ones that look like and say projector, aren't actually lenses, they're just hunks of plastic. Can anyone shed light on these?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Every pre-made set of projectors I've ever seen for these trucks has been garbage. Terrible low beam cutoff. Building your own seems to be the only way to end up with a quality product.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every pre-made set of projectors I've ever seen for these trucks has been garbage. Terrible low beam cutoff. Building your own seems to be the only way to end up with a quality product.
How would one go about doing that in the most... Economical way possible? I don't want to say "cheap" because I'm not looking to spend the least amount of money possible(if I was I would have bought one of those 30 dollar kits off eBay) I mean good, but hopefully under like 300 bucks

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That seems to be really handy. I'm not keen enough on the system to be able to figure out how to retrofit my sealed beam. I've got the w/t style grille, not the 4 hi

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
Instead of cobbling together the very best China has to offer, why not go with a legal high quality replacement option?

Grote: https://www.grote.com/products/90951-5-grote-5-7-led-sealed-beam-replacement-headlight/

Truck-Lite: http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...=15554&parent_category_rn=13089&storeId=10001

I put a set of the truck-lite ones in a Cherokee for a friend of mine, they are phenomenal. Very well designed, no glare, lots of quality usable light down on the road in Low, High is just crazy.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Instead of cobbling together the very best China has to offer, why not go with a legal high quality replacement option?

Grote: https://www.grote.com/products/90951-5-grote-5-7-led-sealed-beam-replacement-headlight/

Truck-Lite: http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...=15554&parent_category_rn=13089&storeId=10001

I put a set of the truck-lite ones in a Cherokee for a friend of mine, they are phenomenal. Very well designed, no glare, lots of quality usable light down on the road in Low, High is just crazy.
I can't seem to find a way to even see a price, let alone purchase either. And I prefer hid over led, but maybe I could be persuaded

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, just figured since you were posting links, I assumed they were purchase links, and something was wrong with my mobile browser

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
Gotcha. Nah, I try to post manuf. links to start the ball rolling on features/capabilities and let someone make their own choices on where to buy. Some have local shops or vendors that they know.

Eww, mobile browser...I still prefer fullsize screen/laptop/desktop for forums. Mobile **** never displays forum content accurately for me, I've tried tapatalk and various browsers, crap.