***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just on the road a lot so can't always have a full sized screen.

Now, why go led Vs proper hid projector? With the sealed beam I already have the "4 hi" so I shouldn't have to worry about flying blind while the highs warm up. From what I've heard, led's don't get as good light dispersion and is scattered more/jas hot spots and glare more, but they could have meant in halogen housings. 150-180 per light isn't too bad though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just on the road a lot so can't always have a full sized screen.

Now, why go led Vs proper hid projector? With the sealed beam I already have the "4 hi" so I shouldn't have to worry about flying blind while the highs warm up. From what I've heard, led's don't get as good light dispersion and is scattered more/jas hot spots and glare more, but they could have meant in halogen housings. 150-180 per light isn't too bad though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What you've heard is correct, but only in regards to the drop in LEDs that replace halogen bulbs in factory housings. The TruckLite, GE, etc sealed beam LED housings that fit the W/T grilles were designed from the ground up to reflect light from an LED properly. They're probably the best headlights ever made that will fit these trucks.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Eww, mobile browser...I still prefer fullsize screen/laptop/desktop for forums. Mobile **** never displays forum content accurately for me, I've tried tapatalk and various browsers, crap.

Lol! I run my laptop into a 54" screen with the zoom punched up to 125%!
But hey...7.2 surround! 2 400w powered subs!

Old near-blind deaf guy!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is anyone making the 88-89 style sealed beams in LED form? I have no interest in a WT is I'll but there are a couple clean old 88 looking trucks at the pull and pay I could snag the mounts from.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
Is anyone making the 88-89 style sealed beams in LED form? I have no interest in a WT is I'll but there are a couple clean old 88 looking trucks at the pull and pay I could snag the mounts from.

Not in the style of the truck-lite or jw speaker where the housing and everything is designed around an LED source. There are conversion lenses that accept the 9005/9006 bulbs as the composites do. (LMC is most avail.) Then there is the unobtanium Bosch E-code lenses, refer to @88GMCtruck 's thread specific to them.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the glass housings LMC sells and they're tempting me because I know they won't yellow but then we're still stuck with that crappy focus issue. Ironic yet understandable that the WTs have a bolt in and go option here.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yes do upgrade lighting it will make a world of difference! I had hids but they can be prone to flicker! Led plug n play is your best thing quick easy and no extra draw for Capacitors they can make your radio stations have “white noise” static. And led has just a bit less depth of light meaning light is there but not stay as lit/color remain as it goes further out that’s pretty much what I’ve came to see in con of led vs hid but eBay is best place $40-$50 maybe less but not to much lower to avoid cheapest