Young man seeking guidance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I have seen plenty of married with family men and women come thru my college program. They take the class more seriously
because they see the value and have an eye on the end goal. It isn't easy, they keep jobs and apply for all the aid they can find. We have a food pantry and gas cards they sparingly use when they need a little help. Your school may have resources, ASK them what they offer and use it when needed. Carpool, pack a lunch, do what is needed.
Lean on family and friends for daycare.
When the kids are young it is the right time. they go to bed early so you can study. They don't have evening school events or sports. They also don't need fancy vacations that cost money. A few minutes at the park is as important to them as a big trip would be, a student taught me that.
The spouse will have to sacrifice also, hopefully they can also see the end goal. the spouse has an equal or greater burden than the student.
Major tool companies offer discounts to accredited programs. Usually around 1/2 off. From the moment you start the program, think of yourself as a professional. Buy tools that a profe4ssional uses. They don't all have to be off the truck, talk to the instructor and industry people. Diesel is not light duty work. I have never regretted buying better quality. I often have graduates call 6 months to a year later asking if they can still get the discount (not my decision BTW) they realize they should a bought more or better tools.
***'n boom...

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
The main reason you are getting the runaround about the company increasing your opportunities in the job you are in is that in that job you are solving their problem and anything you do to change or better yourself means that their problem is no longer solved.

They have you in the little box they want you in and are unhappy when you move to leave it. More companies go bankrupt for management ego reasons than just about anything else.
People quit managers, not jobs...

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
There is only one very basic and very simple rule for a long term relationship.
It is your life and you only get one chance.
It is her life and she only gets one chance.
You each own whatever you do in life
A marriage or a relationship is all about a couple of people who can tolerate eachs others nonsense.
And it has not a damn thing to do with controlling someone else.
It is all about trust.
And that doesnt come easy.
Trusting someone doesnt come from a lie where they tell you not worry because you can trust them.
Run right the **** away.

Twenty years
Our last argument involved me keeping the seeds in the japalenos when i pickled them.
I pickled some seedlees but she doesnt know that yet.
This crazy woman only eats a friggen cheeseburger if it has a plain bun and coated in mustard.
Nothing else.
She also eats grilled chicken livers which is just nasty and vile.
Gaack!
But she thinks it is beyond disgusting if I have some Kippers on melba toast with red onion and shaved parmeson
Which is ******* fantastic by the way.
Drizzle a little olive oil and just a couple of drops of balsamic.
Fresh parsley on the top.
Put the oil on first. Before the vinegar.
The oil will soak in and form a barrier that keeps the vinegar from dissolving the bread.
If you have made it this far.
You have to follow your dreams my freind.
The only way to be worth a **** to anybody else is to be good and strong to yourself bud.
Go out and chase ypur dreams and find your spot in the world.
Do what the **** ever you want to do.
but do it all the way.
Chase that.
You will never ever ever have any succesfull relationship if you are not allowed to live your own life.
At no point during the ceremony do you agree to drop ******* dead.
It is all about trust.
And nothing else really matters.
Go chase that dream my freind
Go ******* do it.
You will never regret taking a shot and following your dream.
That will never happen.
But you will feel like and old ******* wimp for not doing it.
******* do it!
You only get one try at this life.
Do it!
Damn...

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Updating again:
Going to take my final exam for the first semester in the morning. I have straight A's in class so far.
So far my daily schedule is wake up at 5:30, be at school by 7:30, get out at 2:00, be at work at 3:00 and hopefully get off at midnight. Usually get home around 12:45.
Need to catch up on some sleep one day lol.
Again, thank you all for the support that has come from the members of this forum. You guys and gals rock.
Sounds perfect...just don't get old.