you think it can handle it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
thats why i have a farm truck. they pretty much leave you alone. I've got a durango to dallas haul coming up that has me concerned alittle about my tranny. i've got a cooler on it already but i'm thinking of upgrading it and tossing an oil cooler on there too. my towing capacity is rated at 7800lbs on my blazer. ive gone over that.... BIG TIME.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
tractor is 4700 pounds with bucket loader and trailer is 1500 pounds with brakes.

i already towed a car on a big uhaul trailer once from n.c. to l.a. and it wasnt a problem at all. the cars weight was 3933 lbs.- the uhaul trailer was 2,210 lbs. with no brakes and it was no problem at all just hell on gas.

Last edited:

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What word did I use?

As for the OP, if that's all the tractor weighs you should be fine. I doubt the trailer weighs 1500lbs though if it's truly that long and rated for 10k.

My 20ft 14k 86" wide trailer is 2800lbs and it's a Carson so it's not massively overbuilt by any means.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, take it to a dumping yard and use their scales to weigh the trailer....I'm thinking it's closer to ~2100lbs.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
What word did I use?

As for the OP, if that's all the tractor weighs you should be fine. I doubt the trailer weighs 1500lbs though if it's truly that long and rated for 10k.

My 20ft 14k 86" wide trailer is 2800lbs and it's a Carson so it's not massively overbuilt by any means.

I'll add, for the love of God please make sure you have a weight distributing hitch. That is a lot of weight to pull for a 1/2 ton and you'll fare much better when (probably not if) you encounter the transport patrol in the mountains of NC or TN. They don't play around with light duty trucks with big loads, even if it's within the GCVWR the OEM specifies. When I moved to Kentucky from SC I had no issues pulling my dual axle loaded with basically my house on it, but still garnered attention along I40 from a LEO who was just doing his job. I can't tell you how many times I've seen vehicles nearly out of control coming down the long grade on eastbound I26 into SC from being overloaded. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should when it comes to pulling heavy loads with a 1/2 ton.