you think it can handle it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so my father in law wants me to take a kubota tractor with a front end loader on it to jacksonville texas from northeast north carolina. i have a 5.7l 98 k1500 and 3.73 gears. never have any problems with engine or tranny. im just not sure how much it weighs. i do have a 20ft dual axle trailer so most of the weight will be on it and not the truck itself. anyone know how much it weighs and will it rape my truck or will it be ok.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
need a little more info my man. there should be tags on the trailer and the tractor of gvw's

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Isn't that goin right through the smokeys? on flat you should be fine.. I'd be a little worried about grade though.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
That's a solid 24+ hour drive without a trailer, add a trailer in with a tractor and I wouldn't put a 14 year old truck up to it. Rent a uhaul and tow with that, that way if you break **** towing at least it ain't yours.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
U-Hauls get the piss beat out of them by everybody, If I rented one I would push it to the limit, not my truck.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
So could mine and so could my land rover, that doesn't mean I am gonna offer either up for the job.

BubbaZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
8500 may be a little much depending on how much your trailer weighs also...8500 is the most ive pulled behind my 1/2 ton 93 that my tailer weight and an astro van..I wasnt going through the mountains either

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
thats a **** ton of weight for a long haul. it CAN do it, but make sure you've got a good trans and oil cooler. i've hauled a lot of heavy **** with my blazer...... but never that far and never through very heavy hills..... if you decide to do it, then make sure you've got pics to post up. if i was to rent a uhaul, i'd rent the cheapest ****** i could and see what those ******** will put up with....HAHAHAHAHA poor little uhauls....