Y pipe no cats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darin1047

Reaction score
I am looking at putting an exhaust system on my 1999 Suburban 5.7. I am wanting to do the Magnaflow bolt on kit and considering changing the Y pipe. I would like to keep the bolt together flange. I know the muffler shop is going to want to delete the flange but I like it in case I have to remove transmission or something. I have no emissions in Saskatchewan so not worried about that. Just want a bolt on dual y pipe with no cats but o2 sensor nuts welded on. Any one know a part number.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jegs sells an off road pipe with no cats. $143, and I'm broke lol. But will need a tune or get crafty with some heat tape, ECM is gonna know something aint right, lol....

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can check the stock y-pipes from some 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. If I remember right most of the trucks over 8600gvw didnt have cats on them. Well the ones I looked up when I did a larger diameter y on my 94 didnt anyways.. mine was also a single and not a double, but I do remember seeing some doubles with no cats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All trucks had cats on them. The 3/4 and 1 tons have larger diameter Y-pipes. From what I noticed, any 305 truck would have a single, and 350's would have the dual.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
All trucks had cats on them. The 3/4 and 1 tons have larger diameter Y-pipes. From what I noticed, any 305 truck would have a single, and 350's would have the dual.

I think what he is saying is that not all trucks have cats in the Y pipe. Also the 350 equipped trucks only had dual tail pipes from the muffler back

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my Yukon to a muffler shop and had pipes welded in place of the cats for $100 under the table.
No SES so far.

Darin1047

Reaction score
I took my Yukon to a muffler shop and had pipes welded in place of the cats for $100 under the table.
No SES so far.
I am thinking next year when I put the exhaust on I might do the same. Just take the cats off and go to a shop and have them weld in a straight pipe. Everything would be cheaper by giving it all to a shop but like to do my own tinkering in the garage with the kids. Gets them off of ipads and video games.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dual in single out. apparently cost too much to run one more pipe out the back...