xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but did I miss something? All of the sudden you went from battery to steering column and now you are swapping the engine?

I was going to ask on your other thread what happened to your engine to begin with?...

Or is this the effect of the snowball rolling downhill that's getting bigger and bigger?
I'm basically doing a complete rebuild.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size is the battery, and is it top terminals or side terminals? My crew cab has a group 75 in it, but I would be more comfortable with a group 78 in it. We generally use the largest, highest CCA battery in our vehicles, and they last a little longer because they're not straining.
Hopefully I can get to your place to pick them up in the near future.... I'm busy most of the day Saturday, and Sunday I need to get into the brakes on the crew cab, see what the problem is.
Thanks again!
Battery is side terminal. Durastart P/N 78-1. 630 CCA/785 CA.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Burb had 136K on it, in 2013 when we bought it. Didn't drive it much for several years, then it became the daily. Crew has 123K, it's been sitting a lot.
I wanted a project truck. As I mentioned a way back, I wanted a truck with a straight frame and decent body. Everything else I was not concerned with because it was getting replaced or rebuilt. I enjoy working on my vehicles.

Would be even better if I had a commercial shop with a lift and a paint booth. Maybe one day.

The great thing about a complete rebuild is you know the vehicle will be rebuilt properly, and you become well acquainted with the vehicle in the process, top to bottom, front to back. It's a feeling of comfort and satisfaction.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Got the rear brakes stripped down. Well, little more to go. One of the drums landed on my foot when I was removing it. Thankfully it wasn't a direct impact. Sheesh.

You must be registered for see images attach
Glad you're ok. Working at AutoZone, I became very familiar with how heavy those buggers are.
Also, how hard was it to get that drum off?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got the rear brakes stripped down. Well, little more to go. One of the drums landed on my foot when I was removing it. Thankfully it wasn't a direct impact. Sheesh.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yes those big a$$ drums are heavy. Steel toe boots recommended when handling them lol!