xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, 1/22/2022, I took a United Airlines flight from Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Texas to Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock, Arkansas. I then caught a Lyft to a small town on the outskirts of Little Rock to take delivery of a 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab in Gold with the L31, MT1, and NP241. It had 298,255 miles upon me taking delivery, and yet, the general condition is actually better than most other K trucks I saw for sale on the net.

The mileage on the powertrain does not mean much to me, as I plan on dropping in a new L31 HD engine from GM Performance, then rebuilding the 4L80-E and NP241 myself.

The first thing I did when I brought it home was...park it. Yeah, because I was beat. It was about 7 1/2 hour drive from Arkansas to Houston, Texas. But, the K2500 made it all the way. Even with nearly 300,000 miles on it, that is a testament to the reliability of these trucks.

Next day I performed an inspection on it. Needs a decent amount of work, but I can’t wait to get started. Pics of work in progress to come.

One pic for now.

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was able to find an engine wiring harness on eBay for the L31 from a 1999 K2500. The current harness has some splices which makes me uncomfortable, so I'm going to clean this one up, re-loom it, re-tape it, and install it with new engine. I'll likely de-pin and replace each connector along the way for whichever ones are still sold. More pics to come.

Attachments

• E3CF7E63-0EEF-4DBD-910F-9905179FC09F.jpeg
    E3CF7E63-0EEF-4DBD-910F-9905179FC09F.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 30

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On Saturday, 1/22/2022, I took a United Airlines flight from Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Texas to Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock, Arkansas. I then caught a Lyft to a small town on the outskirts of Little Rock to take delivery of a 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab in Gold with the L31, MT1, and NP241. It had 298,255 miles upon me taking delivery, and yet, the general condition is actually better than most other K trucks I saw for sale on the net.

The mileage on the powertrain does not mean much to me, as I plan on dropping in a new L31 HD engine from GM Performance, then rebuilding the 4L80-E and NP241 myself.

The first thing I did when I brought it home was...park it. Yeah, because I was beat. It was about 7 1/2 hour drive from Arkansas to Houston, Texas. But, the K2500 made it all the way. Even with nearly 300,000 miles on it, that is a testament to the reliability of these trucks.

Next day I performed an inspection on it. Needs a decent amount of work, but I can’t wait to get started. Pics of work in progress to come.

One pic for now.

Nice truck - looks solid and that is a good start. Welcome, there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. Good people too!

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removing carpet (going to replace with aftermarket). Cleaning and lubing weatherstripping. Cleaning trim panels.

I say I destroyed about half the trim panels removing them. No matter how careful you try to be, this plastic has lost its plasticity after 20 years, and it never compared to the better grade plastics used in interiors today.

P.S. Wear a good face mask when you do this.