xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've made the switch to Everstarts also, they have a great warranty, Walmart's are everywhere to cash in on the warranty, and the batteries last quite well. Just as good or better than the Interstates I was buying.
Johnson Controls manufactures Everstart and Interstate. Johnson Controls makes 65% of the automotive, truck, and marine batteries sold in the USA.
They are the “same” battery with same warranty.

Last edited:

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Johnson Controls manufactures Everstart and Interstate. Johnson Controls makes 65% of the automotive, truck, and marine batteries sold in the USA.
They are the “same” battery with same warranty.

I don't doubt that, I believe they made the dry batteries I used to sell across the John Deere parts counter also.

Walmart battery is more inexpensive, and it has an extra 6mo of free replacement.

Group 78:

Walmart $119.84, 36mo free replacement

Interstate $189.95, 30mo free replacement

Both 800CCA.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a wally world battery in my project Supra... despite long stretches of abuse, sitting, discharging, every time I've been able to bring it back, fire up the car, and it's worked fine. And yeah for 2/3 the $ of everything else... unless you need special fancy boy battery, might as well go with these.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting (and kind of funny) that the Everstart/WalMart warranty is the same as the Optima Red/Yellow/Blue top warranty. I figured the Optima warranty would be a little better seeing as they're basically Johnson Controls' top of the line offerings.

Speaking of... The Odyssey Extreme warranty is one of the best I've seen on automotive batteries, four years free replacement. Which is nice but I don't see myself needing to use it (knock on wood). I've read many reviews from people claiming they lasted 10+ years. That's the main reason I put them in all my vehicles now. Sure they're more expensive and not all of my stuff needs them, but I enjoy only having to replace them once every decade or so as opposed to every 3-4 years.

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
+1 for the Odyssey, my had been drop dead reliable to 2+ years now.

Unfortunately, I may have killed it by my own ignorance; hopefully I can warranty it and get a new one so I can return the DieHard to my crew cab.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last pic for the night. Thankfully not too hot this afternoon.

You must be registered for see images attach

I think I will tackle removing the entire exhaust tomorrow unless it's hot as hell. I was able to break loose all the exhaust manifold bolts without breaking any, although I think previous owner broke the head off one (or, the bolt is missing).

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Last pic for the night. Thankfully not too hot this afternoon.

I think I will tackle removing the entire exhaust tomorrow unless it's hot as hell. I was able to break loose all the exhaust manifold bolts without breaking any, although I think previous owner broke the head off one (or, the bolt is missing).
Yes the rain cooled it off a bit today,and the clouds helped too. I was on that side of town for work....
Looks like you are making plenty of progress though!

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the exhaust manifold removed from passenger side after removing the passenger side torsion bar, since it was impeding my access to the down pipe flange bolts.

Previous owner had it cranked quite a bit. Note position of still cranked driver's side...

...versus uncranked passenger side.

Stripped down the driver's side head.

Now on to the passenger's side.