xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good advice. I'll makes a note of the position of the unique spline.
I don’t know, but I wonder if even a tic mark is accurate enough for that. I would think something more precise might be necessary. I could be wrong though.
You must be registered for see images attach

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the steering wheel boxed up. Heading to UPS store to ship it to Craft Customs in Rockwall, TX. Saved a few dollars on shipping just by Googling "UPS Promo Code." Reduced shipping from $19 & change to $16 & change. (Code is ONTHEGO.)

Should have took a before pic for a before-and-after comparison, but I guess it looks like every other 20-year old leather 96-00 GMT400 steering wheel at this point. I'm going for a simple re-wrap to maintain the OEM appearance. I think the leather color is what they may call "graphite."

Anyway, should have the re-wrapped steering wheel in about a month and a half from today.
i really wish i thought to look for this place before i bought a grant wheel. i still have my OEM wheel and its not to much trouble to do a swap, how much was just a basic rewrap

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really wish i thought to look for this place before i bought a grant wheel. i still have my OEM wheel and its not to much trouble to do a swap, how much was just a basic rewrap
On 3/20/2022, their quote was $299 plus shipping. Their price may have increased since then. It's best to e-mail them.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OMGAD that was a lot of work. Didn't realize I had to lower the window regulator about an inch to get the panel on. Can't do it manually; have to apply power to the motor. But with no battery in the truck and all the wiring disconnected, I had to run some jumper wires from the window motor at the door panel switch connector (terminals A and E) and used a portable jumper box to supply power and ground.
there is nothing fun about working on anything door panel related, either you need 5 foot long arms, three arms, xray vision, and then there is all the very delicate plastic