xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the steering wheel boxed up. Heading to UPS store to ship it to Craft Customs in Rockwall, TX. Saved a few dollars on shipping just by Googling "UPS Promo Code." Reduced shipping from $19 & change to $16 & change. (Code is ONTHEGO.)

Should have took a before pic for a before-and-after comparison, but I guess it looks like every other 20-year old leather 96-00 GMT400 steering wheel at this point. I'm going for a simple re-wrap to maintain the OEM appearance. I think the leather color is what they may call "graphite."

Anyway, should have the re-wrapped steering wheel in about a month and a half from today.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please post some pictures when you get the steering wheel back. I replaced the one in my red truck with one of the Grant re-wraps and I like it a lot, but I'm curious to see the results of a custom factory style re-wrap from Craft Customs.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Please post some pictures when you get the steering wheel back. I replaced the one in my red truck with one of the Grant re-wraps and I like it a lot, but I'm curious to see the results of a custom factory style re-wrap from Craft Customs.

Can you relink that? This version has my attention too. If it's good it means I can buy any old POS wheel with controls, send it off, and get back a new wheel.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant 61031 ('95-'98 large center wheel):
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/grt-61031

Grant 61034 ('98+ small center wheel):
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/grt-61034
If I recall, the reason I could not go with the Grant was because they were made for the steering wheels designed for airbags, and the K2500 and K3500 did not come with airbags, so they have a different steering wheel. I know at least one of the comments in one of those links mention that it won't work with the K2500.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I recall, the reason I could not go with the Grant was because they were made for the steering wheels designed for airbags, and the K2500 and K3500 did not come with airbags, so they have a different steering wheel. I know at least one of the comments in one of those links mention that it won't work with the K2500.

That's correct, both of those Grants I linked are airbag wheels. They don't do the non-airbag wheels unfortunately.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have quite a lot of pictures on their website, but I'd like to see the finished product as well. Looks like they do really good work.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just arriving today, the brake pedal (GM P/N 15015868) for a hydraulic brake boosted (hydroboost), A/T-equipped C/K that I sourced from Calumet Auto Parts using https://www.car-part.com.

You must be registered for see images attach

It came with the two plastic bushings, spacer, and brake pedal pad, but I removed them. Plan to replace the two plastic bushings. Spacer is the same for both types of brake pedals, so I will use whichever is in better condition. Will plan to replace the brake pedal pad as it was torn up.

As many know, and per this post, if you want to convert from vacuum-assisted brake booster to the hydraulic brake booster (hydroboost), one of the components that requires replacement is the brake pedal itself as the two are different. These are not sold new anymore, so you have to source them used. Fortunately my source came through and the brake pedal is in great condition. Probably will get it powdercoated semi-gloss black (?) along with all the other parts that need powdercoating on the truck (i.e., brackets, etc.).

Oh, and these came in Friday.

I was able to find them new (GM Wholesale Parts Online), although the metal bracket is slightly scratched in some areas. Will plan to add that to the pile for powdercoating. The metal bracket attaches to the front of the master cylinder. It holds the engine wiring harness in the loop. The plastic bracket is bolted to the metal bracket. The plastic bracket is where all the power steering/hydraulic brake booster lines sit as they come off the brake booster assembly.