X10 Modular Spindle for OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d buy the spindle, everything else is just a convienance purchase in most big brake kits. There’s diagrams online for the bracket dimensions, the calipers are stock items, the current “hub” is just a machined/cut down stock rotor with roller bearings.

Most gmt400’s had messed up abs modules from the factory lol I doubt losing abs is a big deal for the majority of customers buying these kits or doing these upgrades. My two cents anyway
I've never found a bracket diagram online for a GMT400 spindle. It's always S10, F-body, C10, etc. Would you mind sharing?

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d have to find it, the first one I made was off a diagram I found, made it by hand. Might take a day, might take a year, but I’ll get u one! Lol

theunderlord

Reaction score
I doubt we'll ever see a product like this for the GMT-400. There's no compatible abs hub for the 95-98 guys with four wheel abs. The market for just the 88-94 trucks isn't large enough to justify the design/production expense. So, in order to make it work, someone would have to design/produce both a new sealed hub unit w/abs and the new spindle to mount it on. It would be absurdly expensive. The AZ pro performance front big brake kit is already $1500 with their spindles. Imagine how few people would consider buying it if it was $2000.
I saw that video from HotRod Hippie a couple weeks ago and immediately started googling those Chopping Block Products sealed spindles, saw their instagram post about them, and there were a few people asking when they could buy some. I'm sure Covid put a huge dent in their plans as well.

I think the reason there's no product like it yet is because OBS is too "new". Give it time man, GMT-400 trucks are just barely hitting the tip of the iceberg for aftermarket stuff. Holley already has their LS Swap kits for them, which is helping, and with all the rust free C10's and Squarebody trucks getting picked through and picked through, the demand for 400's is slowly building. Wilwood I'm sure will eventually make a kit of their pro spindles for OBS, there's no reason for them not too, and they'll sell a ton of them for the guys that want HUGE good looking and performing brakes.

I said this in another thread, but remember, OBS is the last generation Chevy truck you couldn't get with an LS from the factory.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw that video from HotRod Hippie a couple weeks ago and immediately started googling those Chopping Block Products sealed spindles, saw their instagram post about them, and there were a few people asking when they could buy some. I'm sure Covid put a huge dent in their plans as well.

I think the reason there's no product like it yet is because OBS is too "new". Give it time man, GMT-400 trucks are just barely hitting the tip of the iceberg for aftermarket stuff. Holley already has their LS Swap kits for them, which is helping, and with all the rust free C10's and Squarebody trucks getting picked through and picked through, the demand for 400's is slowly building. Wilwood I'm sure will eventually make a kit of their pro spindles for OBS, there's no reason for them not too, and they'll sell a ton of them for the guys that want HUGE good looking and performing brakes.

I said this in another thread, but remember, OBS is the last generation Chevy truck you couldn't get with an LS from the factory.
Wilwood already came to market with a full line of big brake kits for the GMT400 based off their Pro Spindle. But their offering is just like the React spindle; it doesn't use a sealed hub because it's cheaper to manufacture a reluctor ring than a sealed ABS compatible hub.

theunderlord

Reaction score
Oh, I know they have the big kits for OBS, both the Aerolite and the AERO6, but I'm guessing eventually the sealed hub will be part of their offering for ABS delete. The "older" the OBS gets, the more money the buyers of them will have. Which means that more and parts will become available, it's a story as old as time.

I just emailed Chopping Block and said we're all hoping to see those spindles soon.

Last edited:

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell choppin block to do a group buy, it’ll fund it lol

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the exact spindle dimensions for anyone curious keep in mind this is a drop spindle but still gets u in the ball park for designing or finding a modular spindle that works

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So...CPP has a whole OBS front suspension system, including X10 modular spindles on display at SEMA this week. Supposedly taking pre-orders starting at Dino's Git Down next week. Production within "a couple months."

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...CPP has a whole OBS front suspension system, including X10 modular spindles on display at SEMA this week. Supposedly taking pre-orders starting at Dino's Git Down next week. Production within "a couple months."
This would happen as soon as I build my own modular spindles lol