X10 Modular Spindle for OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik E

Reaction score
So CPP sells drop modular spindles (NBS) style for C10 gen trucks ending in 87. Any on know if there are plans to make a modern design hub spindle combo for OBS c1500? I really like the modern design but don't want to make all the mods to get NBS spindles to fit my OBS. My early ligt duty OBS needs a brake upgrade and these would make the most sense to open up my rake upgrade options.

Attachments

• 1643574291507356057499934991907.jpg
    1643574291507356057499934991907.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 27

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d buy it. I’ve done a few spindle mods and I’d much rather buy a modular one, Since u usually have to buy dropped spindles anyway.

Erik E

Reaction score
Only 1 person want to see this part available of our OBS?! All the threads about modifying NBS to OBS spindles. I would be much easier to update our trucks with brakes and bearings etc... let's drive the market on this. Vendors read this stuff.

Erik E

Reaction score
Thank you! I just called copping block products and was informed that the put that item on the back burner for now because of demand for other products. Maybe if the get enough requests theyll fire up the mill again! cbpro.com
Call um up! 559-275-2901

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Az performance makes a nice Modded spindle but it just needs the sealed bearing/hub upgrade, idk why they kept the old style bearings when they designed it

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I doubt we'll ever see a product like this for the GMT-400. There's no compatible abs hub for the 95-98 guys with four wheel abs. The market for just the 88-94 trucks isn't large enough to justify the design/production expense. So, in order to make it work, someone would have to design/produce both a new sealed hub unit w/abs and the new spindle to mount it on. It would be absurdly expensive. The AZ pro performance front big brake kit is already $1500 with their spindles. Imagine how few people would consider buying it if it was $2000.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d buy the spindle, everything else is just a convienance purchase in most big brake kits. There’s diagrams online for the bracket dimensions, the calipers are stock items, the current “hub” is just a machined/cut down stock rotor with roller bearings.

Most gmt400’s had messed up abs modules from the factory lol I doubt losing abs is a big deal for the majority of customers buying these kits or doing these upgrades. My two cents anyway