WTF is this?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC_YA_LATER

Reaction score
Twisted x is my oilfield boot of choice. Super comfy but can only get 6 months max out of them.
Yeah, no boot that I found really stood up longer than 6-8 months. Rubber boots would get so ate up with caustic soda that they'd actually start to shrink on your foot. Didn't seem to matter the brand either.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
WOW

I had to make sure I didnt just flash back. there is a post on TYF about this build. IF memory serves me right this was a loose concept vehicle for a coach builder (unsure of which one but like Southern comfort or something) There is pics of a similar Tahoe in red as well that's depicted at SEMA. Supposedly Lingenfelter had a hat in this as well. Past that there was quite a bit of discussion but nothing that I remember concrete on it. I don't recognize name on the link but then again this was YEARS Ago this popped up. Ill see if I cant dig up that thread

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW

I had to make sure I didnt just flash back. there is a post on TYF about this build. IF memory serves me right this was a loose concept vehicle for a coach builder (unsure of which one but like Southern comfort or something) There is pics of a similar Tahoe in red as well that's depicted at SEMA. Supposedly Lingenfelter had a hat in this as well. Past that there was quite a bit of discussion but nothing that I remember concrete on it. I don't recognize name on the link but then again this was YEARS Ago this popped up. Ill see if I cant dig up that thread
I laid out who and what waaay back about page 2 or 3 maybe LOL.
Cliff notes:GM, Lucchese Boots, and a design firm that don’t know come here from sickem’ when it comes to carpet colors and finishing :p

Some good reading tho

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
I laid out who and what waaay back about page 2 or 3 maybe LOL.
Cliff notes:GM, Lucchese Boots, and a design firm that don’t know come here from sickem’ when it comes to carpet colors and finishing :p

Some good reading tho

Still hunting that thread on tyf lol . The lucchese sounds familar but now Im curious who was spreading mis information lmfao

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, I know those guys…
There’s some in my family lol. They leave their boots here at the ranch because I make them walk through the pasture to get to the beer fridge.
I live in a rural suburb. I've got one foot in the city and one in the country, but I don't wear cowboy boots. I just don't like the feel of them. I'm heading down to my cousin's place tomorrow, and I have no problem wearing my Vans in the stables and pasture. I've known guys who will wear the boots, hat, belt buckle, and bolo without shame, even though they've never touched a cow. I watched all the Gene Autry movies when I was a kid on KAUT channel 43, but since I was 10 I've never felt the need to play cowboy dress-up. My cousin and his boys wear all the western wear, but they rope and ride all the time, training horses and raising cattle. I respect it enough that I won't pose. /rant

The truck is alright, but it looks like somebody spent big money to have a truck with mods so subtle that 99% of people won't notice.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The truck was a collaboration between Chevrolet, Lucchese and graphic design firm Toolbox Inc. it’s was displayed at the 2002 Texas Star Fair.
I've seen the exterior shots here and there in various searches, figured it was a much more recent build than that.

Wheels, grill, and fender flares absolutely scream GMT900. Seems common for GM to supply 2500 SUVs for stuff like this but for 2002 I'm surprised it's not quadrasteer.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't question the indulgences of others, I like a nice watch and a good bottle of scotch, but I've never, ever, owned a pair of boots besides work boots. Not will I ever.
I can appreciate the workmanship of handmade quality items, but when I see someone around with fancy boots like the ones this company makes, they invariably look like they've never actually done a day's work much less a hard day's work in their lives! Like bro, you're a banker. Stop trying to be blue collar...
I don't get the massively expensive boot thing. Most of them are just butt ugly to me, and I think it's a d!cksize contest on how much you can spend on some ugly gators for your feet.

WITH THAT SAID.. I own 2 pairs of Lucchese boots and they're top notch. Standard cowboy style, no fancy materials, none of that, just plain leather. One pair plain black, one super dark cherry red (nearly black.) Have had them a long time now and only wear them on "nights off" when we go out for dinner. Would have never paid full price but a place was going out of business and clearing everything out, massive sale price, said hell with it and got 'em. Used to always get Noconas before the Justin buyout. Those old Noconas, and these Luccheses, are boots you can wear until they got holes in the soles, then have 'em redone. Lifetime boots.

At work you can find me in a pair of Chucks that make me appear homeless, or on bad weather nights, Doc Martens hiking style lace-up boots, steel toe, slip resistant.. they're chunky and suck to wear for 12+ hrs but I don't bust my ass with them like I do the Chucks. I wear shoes out quickly, at work. :(

Richard