WTB OEM fog lights for bumper air dam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup, that's a 4" drop. 275/60-15's.
I can hardly get a floor jack under the valance too.
When doing work under the front, I usually jack my trucks up by placing the jack on the frame behind the front wheel. There's a flat spot there just after where the frame transitions.
Or...there's this! Lol!

You must be registered for see images attach

No-one offers replacement clear lenses for the factory housings. If the glass gets shattered, it's either buy complete new housing/lens, or go the tractor supply route. Yea, I know!!! PitA!

The corresponding plugs for the ends of the factory lenses (wire harness side) are not available. I couldn't find them anywhere.
The factory harness is also no longer available. I had a former member make one up to work with a factory switch. Wiring was his daily biz. Even he couldn't find that connection for the harness-to-light.
Either have to hard wire the lights to the harness or utilyze a different style of connector.

My El Camino had 100w driving lights. Not fogs. Different beam pattern. Different size than the fogs for 400's though. Can't remember the measurements, but they were bigger. Anyways...I had a set of these over them. Came as chrome, but I shot them with a good coat of black undercoating. Looked good, and because the coating was a rubber-type, it never chipped off from the pebbles & stuff. All that just bounced off. In the 7 years I had the truck (Car?) I never had a lens break.
I've looked for years for a proper sized set for the truck fogs. They're not out there.
I suppose if someone was handy with a tig, it wouldn't be all that hard to make up a set. If I could get my grubby mitts on a set of these that fit, both my trucks would have the fogs back on 'em.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, that's a 4" drop. 275/60-15's.
I can hardly get a floor jack under the valance too.
When doing work under the front, I usually jack my trucks up by placing the jack on the frame behind the front wheel. There's a flat spot there just after where the frame transitions.
Or...there's this! Lol!

No-one offers replacement clear lenses for the factory housings. If the glass gets shattered, it's either buy complete new housing/lens, or go the tractor supply route. Yea, I know!!! PitA!

The corresponding plugs for the ends of the factory lenses (wire harness side) are not available. I couldn't find them anywhere.
The factory harness is also no longer available. I had a former member make one up to work with a factory switch. Wiring was his daily biz. Even he couldn't find that connection for the harness-to-light.
Either have to hard wire the lights to the harness or utilyze a different style of connector.

My El Camino had 100w driving lights. Not fogs. Different beam pattern. Different size than the fogs for 400's though. Can't remember the measurements, but they were bigger. Anyways...I had a set of these over them. Came as chrome, but I shot them with a good coat of black undercoating. Looked good, and because the coating was a rubber-type, it never chipped off from the pebbles & stuff. All that just bounced off. In the 7 years I had the truck (Car?) I never had a lens break.
I've looked for years for a proper sized set for the truck fogs. They're not out there.
I suppose if someone was handy with a tig, it wouldn't be all that hard to make up a set. If I could get my grubby mitts on a set of these that fit, both my trucks would have the fogs back on 'em.

That jack setup is a bit extreme. I put a black chin spoiler on my 07 mustang GT and it sits pretty low. Low enough i cant get the floor jack under it. I am in the process of making lowboy ramps out of steel channel that clear the spoiler that i can drive it up on so i can get the jack under it. My truck i like to jack up beneath the engine crossmember. I may end up using my "wedge ramps" when i am done building them for the truck too. You can buy stainless steel grille screen thats thick wire like that, and make your own.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked it up for a 1990-1991 SS 454 it only showed the plain one, and the tow hook one. Thanks, i added it to my cart along with the lights. It will prob be my next purchase.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool thanks blacksport !! Its the same price as rockauto shipped after 5% discount is applied. And is another source of parts for me to archive. I did find a source for the front airdam with preformed cutouts as well. About $65 shipped aftermarket. Not sure if thats a good price for that or not.

Glad to know they are glass lenses. I wonder if i can put amber diffusers on em though. I dont need these lights all the time, but when i do need em the fog is pea soup thick.

Sewlow, is that a 4" drop in the front? I am running a 2" drop but i believe 225 60 R15s in the front so mine is pretty low. I can barely get my 2.5 ton floor jack to slip under the air dam on mine to jack it up.

Any thoughts on repurposing a cargo lamp switch into a fog lamp switch? I figure i can take it apart, wet sand it smooth to unfaded plastic, do dry xfer white letters on it, then clear coat the lettering in semigloss clear, and drill a hole for a flat tipped round amber LED indicator. I was going to restore my cargo lamp switch the same way, and add a green flat tipped LED for an indicator as well. Adding the LED indicator is easy wiring too. Connect the positive side of the LED to the output side of the switch, and negative side to ground.
If you need a fog light switch, @Z71Hobbs usually has a few for sale.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going to see if i could repurpose a cargo light switch for now. This way it would match my actual cargo light switch on the other side. I will keep that in mind though. Do you have these for 88-94 dashes? Do they come with the plug? How much?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The switches on the left side are narrower than the switches on the right side. You could repurpose a defog switch since it goes on the right side and has a lighted indicator. I dont think the internals are the same tho