WTB: DRL OFF switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swinging for the fences here, but I want to use a DRL OFF switch in my truck to control the spotlights.
I know they are rare. I know they are hard to find. I expect to pay for that.
Get it out of your museum of parts and onto a truck!

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I *think* that's a police Tahoe package feature.

Yup.

Is that not just a repurposed Cargo light switch?

Similar, but the cargo lamp switch has a smaller bezel like the "AUX LIGHT" switch in the middle of the picture in the OP. If you want everything to fit properly in the dash you need a large bezel switch on top, small in the middle, and large on the bottom.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Similar, but the cargo lamp switch has a smaller bezel like the "AUX LIGHT" switch in the middle of the picture in the OP. If you want everything to fit properly in the dash you need a large bezel switch on top, small in the middle, and large on the bottom.

Makes sense.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Since that switch may be difficult to locate, any chance a fog light switch could be made to work for the DLR OFF switch? Possible swap a cargo switch button if you don’t want the light in it? Would still have to sort out labeling if that is important to you, but might be made to at least function correctly?

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These actually do come up, no where near as rare as the horizontal bezel and switch.

Keep in mind the drl off switch technically i/ different than the fog switch. It killed the radio and the drl lights at the same time. Obviously no one wires them up that way.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right, I definitely will have to custom wire it. And it may end up with a normally closed relay to make it off-when-on type thing. But the plug connector bodies and terminals are fairly easy to source. The actual switch is not.