WTB: 88-98 C1500 RCSB Hotchkis 4" Drop Leaf Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@LA2SD

I bought my first GMT400 in 1994 (brand new). Since that time I have had 8 of them. All but one I lowered 4/6. That other one I went 3/4. For me it's 4/6 for a perfect daily driver truck. I am actually currently in the middle of 4/6 dropping my recently acquired 1994 truck.

I know different areas have different road conditions and different dudes have different requirements. But for me, a 4/6 is perfect for 365 days a year usage with modest hauling duties. To me that means carrying the occasional engine or whatever other things a car guy needs to move. I don't tow with them though.

Some dudes can tear up a stock height truck so their opinions will differ. I tend to take it easy and run chubby 15 inch tires so I seldom have any risk of damage on the streets and roads of Texas driving a dropped truck.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@LA2SD

I bought my first GMT400 in 1994 (brand new). Since that time I have had 8 of them. All but one I lowered 4/6. That other one I went 3/4. For me it's 4/6 for a perfect daily driver truck. I am actually currently in the middle of 4/6 dropping my recently acquired 1994 truck.

I know different areas have different road conditions and different dudes have different requirements. But for me, a 4/6 is perfect for 365 days a year usage with modest hauling duties. To me that means carrying the occasional engine or whatever other things a car guy needs to move. I don't tow with them though.

Some dudes can tear up a stock height truck so their opinions will differ. I tend to take it easy and run chubby 15 inch tires so I seldom have any risk of damage on the streets and roads of Texas driving a dropped truck.

The only thing keeping me from doing a 4/6 right now, is that I just bought a brand new set of Moog lower control arms, and it would drive me nuts to start grinding on a new part lol. As I understand it, dropped spindles would cause the LCAs to rub on the inside of a stock 15" rim. So I would need to fork out for some rims.

I figure if I do a 2/4 with springs front and back, I can add the spindles, shackles, and notch kit later on, after I scoop up a set of rims. Another reason for the leafs, is that I won't have to mess with the hangers.

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@LA2SD we are following similar paths.

I've got 4 brand new in the box Moog control arms on the floor of my garage that I'll be trimming and installing with drop spindles later this week. I got this latest truck a couple of weeks ago and I'm doing a full Belltech 4/6 on it but I've been hindered with delayed deliveries on everything I order (Covid impact on the shipper I'm sure) so it's been a bit of a drawn out process. I just finished the flip and notch early this week. Now on to the front half of the job.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@10mm Nut

Yes, a very similar path. And from the look of things, I'll be investing in those drop spindles and shackles a lot sooner than I expected. The lower ball joint on the right side steering knuckle is toast. So the mounting hole is probably out of round.