WTB: 88-98 C1500 RCSB Hotchkis 4" Drop Leaf Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another member on GMT found a set, and I'm hoping I'll get lucky. After a ton of searches, word is that they're better than Belltech's. Let me know what you've got.

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free bump...

It looks like you're not having much luck finding any. For what it's worth I have personally been very pleased with the Belltech leaf springs. I don't know what you've heard bad about them, but whatever it is, that's contrary to my experience.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Free bump...

It looks like you're not having much luck finding any. For what it's worth I have personally been very pleased with the Belltech leaf springs. I don't know what you've heard bad about them, but whatever it is, that's contrary to my experience.

Thanks, man. Yeah, not much luck finding them. I had read a few posts where some people liked the Hotchkis leaf springs better than the Belltechs, so I figured I'd go that route. But it's great to hear that you've had a positive experience.

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of setup are you running in the rear? Leaf springs and shackles? Helper bags? Did you notch your frame rails?

Last edited:

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the last truck I used them on. I wanted a 6 inch drop so I used the Belltech leaf springs and a drop shackle to arrive at that number. Ordinarily I would just use a flip kit to drop 6 inches but the previous owner had butchered the leaf springs to lower the truck so I needed different leaf springs no matter what.

You must be registered for see images attach

I used a Belltech c-notch and Belltech shock extenders along with the leaf/shackle combination.

Hotchkiss made killer parts. I used some of their stuff back in the 90s. It seems like they just moved on toward the Pro Touring market and just eased out of the business of selling parts that you and I could use on our trucks.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the last truck I used them on. I wanted a 6 inch drop so I used the Belltech leaf springs and a drop shackle to arrive at that number. Ordinarily I would just use a flip kit to drop 6 inches but the previous owner had butchered the leaf springs to lower the truck so I needed different leaf springs no matter what.

You must be registered for see images attach

I used a Belltech c-notch and Belltech shock extenders along with the leaf/shackle combination.

Hotchkiss made killer parts. I used some of their stuff back in the 90s. It seems like they just moved on toward the Pro Touring market and just eased out of the business of selling parts that you and I could use on our trucks.

That looks really good! I like how you were able to achieve a nice, even stance with your setup. Hotchkis' rep for making quality parts was the main factor when I was deciding on components. I do like Belltech's stuff too though.

I just ordered a bunch of Moog parts for my front end build. So I'll be ordering the rear suspension parts soon. I'm still undecided though on whether to go 2/4 or 4/6.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score