WriteUp: How to make Windows/Mirrors Like New

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Hmm, mabye this is whati need to remove rain-x from my hood.. never ever try and think its a good idea to rain-x your hood, unless your commited to doing the whole truck it will always look diferent

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
you think this would work on windshields that are old and have that sandblasted look to them? mine is just about imposible to see out of when the sun hits it

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why use rust remover...... you can just polish that off. Anything on your windows can be polished off(Water spots on paint too). Grab some ultimate compound from maguires or whatever, and a microfiber cloth. I'm sure this is safe for paint, on the other hand.. I can't say Rust Remover is. MattyJ - Polish your windshield. Hazsus - Polish your hood. Polishing is even simpler than this technique

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About to tackle this procedure again for the second time... looking at my pictures before and after on page 2 i forgot how well they turned out.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im going to see if I can't find this at my local walmart and try doing my headlights and bumpers. Will let ya know if I do and I will do it tonight and post up some pics.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wouldent CLR work too. I live in an area with hard water. If you have a carport, i suggest washing it

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Under a carport etc, and wiping it dry before going out in the sun. Water spots are mostly calcium from hard water.

Maybe use a gray scotchbrite pad as well

99blueburb

Reaction score
Why use rust remover...... you can just polish that off. Anything on your windows can be polished off(Water spots on paint too). Grab some ultimate compound from maguires or whatever, and a microfiber cloth. I'm sure this is safe for paint, on the other hand.. I can't say Rust Remover is. MattyJ - Polish your windshield. Hazsus - Polish your hood. Polishing is even simpler than this technique
I have used compound on glass with excellent results. The glass will look brand new.