WRITEUP: GM Remote MOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know this is an older thread but me and my family having doing a trick for years to get the remotes to work properly. and that is holding the remote directly under your chin while pressing the button. i can stand 20 to 40 feel away from my tahoe pointing the remote at the truck and nothing but when i put it right under my chin it reaches out and unlocks. We have done this on everything from a 96 to a 11. and its done great. just thought i would ad this little bit of info.

and another thing if your remote is giving you issues it could just be wore out or broke. my sisters monte carlo remote did this cause the battery was going dead and she pressed the button really hard instead of replacing the batter and ended up spending 45 bucks for a new one.

Not sure if serious or trying to make me look like a dumbass every time I open my truck

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if serious or trying to make me look like a dumbass every time I open my truck

I'm serious. I do it all the time when I'm a ways away and don't feel like walking back. Or its raining and I'm trying to open it as quickly as I can.

Sent from my GALAXY S5 wrapped in an otterbox

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'm serious. I do it all the time when I'm a ways away and don't feel like walking back. Or its raining and I'm trying to open it as quickly as I can.

Urban myth.

Correlation does not equal causation.....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It works for us lol. Can unlock my grandpa's 04 Tahoe from around 100 foot away by doing that.

I'll say it again and then I'm outta this thread:

Correlation does not equal causation.

:)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Awesome thread im gona do thid monday inbetween classes

sent from my outdated S3

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone done both? Added a wire into the fob and extended the truck's antenna?

Or all three, Including the under chin method? Lol

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Anyone done both? Added a wire into the fob and extended the truck's antenna?

Or all three, Including the under chin method? Lol

I just ditched the whole crappy oem thing, went aftermarket and now have about 1 mile range with a two way remote. I can lock the truck from inside the house, xonfrms its status on the remote dispaly and side bonus is it also has remote start that works from my office desk....:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anar14