Wow.....does this make ours worth more???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99 F250? With a user name 1989GmcSierra?, you switched teams??? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, :)

Hey….pipe down….Still got the GMC. The Fords were basucally fall in my lap sort of purchase. My 454 dually was crapping out left and right. After the engine fires the subsequent repainting the front end and engine replacement and then the transmission replacement I was finally to the point where I said I had it. Hey I actually bought a dodge. That was a whole other experience. Then I didn’t learn my lesson so I bought another….let’s just say Chrysler products will never be on my to buy list.
Got these 7.3 diesels and I never looked back. The D-max was on the buy list but after the injector fiasco I said nope. Hell I walked away from a sweet 6.0 Ford diesel because at the time the reputation was so bad people were giving them away.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey….pipe down….Still got the GMC. The Fords were basucally fall in my lap sort of purchase. My 454 dually was crapping out left and right. After the engine fires the subsequent repainting the front end and engine replacement and then the transmission replacement I was finally to the point where I said I had it. Hey I actually bought a dodge. That was a whole other experience. Then I didn’t learn my lesson so I bought another….let’s just say Chrysler products will never be on my to buy list.
Got these 7.3 diesels and I never looked back. The D-max was on the buy list but after the injector fiasco I said nope. Hell I walked away from a sweet 6.0 Ford diesel because at the time the reputation was so bad people were giving them away.

haha, good to know you still have the GMC.
i definitely lost brand loyaty when GM went broke ..... the last time, :).

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The only trouble I've ever had with a 7.3 was when the radiator got plugged from bugs. I was pulling a trailer from Minnesota to Oregon and it started running hot near Billings, MT. A quick shot with a pressure washer and it was all better. That was in an E350 with 270,000+ miles on it. I took several trips out west (pulling trailers) with 7.3's, always got the job done.

I tried the same thing twice with dodge cummins - didn't make it out of MN either time...

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I just think those rams need constant preventative maintenance and of course body work. lol. my old boss had a 2007 with the 5.9 Cummins with 750 000 kms all stock on it when I left and a 2008 6.7 fully deleted supped up with 400 000 kms on it and both of these trucks were absolutely amazing work trucks pulling heavy loads full of cabinets. BUT maintenance on these trucks is funking expensive. and fixing the design flaws with the 6.7 cost him like $8000 and had the engine rebuilt as someone took a grinder to the heads before he bought it cheap.... these trucks see a mechanic every 4 months for oil changes and to be gone through front to back. I truly believe this is what has kept them going and and body work every couple years.

I'll never drive a furd again and I'll never buy a mopar ever again... we had a windstar blow up on us and stranded our family in a bad snowstorm and we also had a ****** sebring.

the only thing good about the furd was after it blew up was when we bought a Burb!

Last edited:

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yup burbs are great only time they’ll leave you hang is because it’s last leg finally went out but that would already be known before that happened.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Ive been around the collecter car restoration bis for a bit.
And my wife is an antiques broker.
Those businesses are very much the same.
She said that cars are a unique type of American art.
And they are.
The Italian cars are also in the running as is the Jag.
In both businesses, if you want to get absolute top dollar for something it must be either so rare that price doesnt really matter.
Or so perfectly and professionally restored that a couple of people want it badly.
And this is where the problem starts.
You cant sell anything for big money unless you have acess to people with big money.
And you will not get big money for your 10 year home restoration.
No matter how good you are.
Because you are unknown and dont have any provenace.
Auctions like Barret Jackson and all the others are just a snob show look at me!
Thats why they film the winning bidder.
Its a Miss America pageant for old guys.
Dont restore cars kids.
Unless you plan on keeping it
It aint worth your time and stress.
Find em, wash em, buy em cheap and flip em.
Cars dont make you rich.
cars kill your lawn.
Cash in hand makes you rich.
Get the cash
Dont fall in love with the wreck
Sounds like a good start to a song!!! Lol yup only big money spends big money not someone random that finds you on Facebook marketplace,CL,offer up etc… you’ll be lucky if you get within $500 of your asking price ! You can’t too attached to something your selling it helps but at the end of the day your still getting rid of it to someone else an yes it sucks to later see something you took care of be used as a work truck or rode down into the ground!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
If I were to list mine, and it is a SS454 just customized Id place it at a starting price of $26,500 :33: Its got quite a few mods which I wont bore you with all but some are QA1 Coil overs front, under bed/over frame notch, rear disc brakes, straight arrow body and paint, redone interior, new glass ETC..
Flame away
Bobby V
You must be registered for see images attach
Is that tu-tone blue interior? Or tu-tone gray? If blue sorry it’s nice but not in a red truck.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny how the thread has gone to GNXs-my phones wallpaper is actually GNX. Cause I like em and cause the theme is dark and bright wallpapers burn my eyes in the darkness lol

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-06-29-21-51-36.png
    Capture+_2021-06-29-21-51-36.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Buick GN’s and T types. Back in the 80’s I used to drive an 84 GN fully loaded with the Lear Siegler seats. Wish I still had that car. Now I drive this 11 second 1986 442. I’ve owned it for over 30 years. It’s quicker than a GNX and surprises a lot of people on the street. It’s stock appearing but far from it under the hood and suspension wise.

Attachments

• E3494A00-B9A7-4268-A293-A2D820A64989.png
    E3494A00-B9A7-4268-A293-A2D820A64989.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
GN’s are nice but a GNX is a whole nother level of GN! T-types are yes somewhat a GN but it’s not just a turbo or engine package it’s a lot more than that was put into a GN over a t-type. IMHO nothings wrong with T-types but they are for the ones that cannot get a real GN or GNX due to whatever reasons there’s reasons why GN/gnx’s are what they are and same for T-types! technically yeah on some levels they are the same but in the end they are 3 different types of horse!