Worth buying 97 Burb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
6 years ago I bought this because it wouldn’t start for $900 cash. Replaced a battery and runs great.
replaced entire a/c system for $1,100, lift kit for $300 plus some tools, tires and rims for $350. I’ve got over 240,000 miles and runs flawlessly and cruises at 75 mph without an issue. By far, and I mean BY FAR biggest upgrade was putting in the MPFI for fuel injection. Weather it’s -20 or 115 (in Utah) it only turns half an RPM before starting. Best most reliable vehicle I’ve ever owned. So many of these were made and still in road which makes parts readily available and affordable.
BUY IT!!

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
6 years ago I bought this because it wouldn’t start for $900 cash. Replaced a battery and runs great.
replaced entire a/c system for $1,100, lift kit for $300 plus some tools, tires and rims for $350. I’ve got over 240,000 miles and runs flawlessly and cruises at 75 mph without an issue. By far, and I mean BY FAR biggest upgrade was putting in the MPFI for fuel injection. Weather it’s -20 or 115 (in Utah) it only turns half an RPM before starting. Best most reliable vehicle I’ve ever owned. So many of these were made and still in road which makes parts readily available and affordable.
BUY IT!!
Absolutely, love the GMT400 platform, as soon as I can get the money I’ll buy it. Just hope he doesn’t sell it first.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, when I went to look at it again, I took a few pictures this time.

Notice the clear coat missing on the hood.

Also, and you have to look closely for this, the rear window is slightly damaged, “my mechanic said that it’ll buff out.”

Maybe it was hard to see the damage in that last picture, here’s a better one. Pretty dirty, but everything is there.

There it sits until next week…

Didn’t get any pics of inside or the engine bay, but everything is there and together on the inside, but just needs to be cleaned. Engine bay is just dirty, no oil or any other fluids leaking.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One thing you can check is the carpet near the barn door-see if it's wet. I'm about to post how to seal the seal(yes that sounds crazy) so no more water under carpet-tho I have lil time to do it-but I will-I promise lol

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Also, and you have to look closely for this, the rear window is slightly damaged, “my mechanic said that it’ll buff out.”

Maybe it was hard to see the damage in that last picture, here’s a better one. Pretty dirty, but everything is there.

Didn’t get any pics of inside or the engine bay, but everything is there and together on the inside, but just needs to be cleaned. Engine bay is just dirty, no oil or any other fluids leaking.
She looks clean-and since I posted my "check the carpet if it's wet"before I looked at the pictures now I'm laughing my *** off

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

That's what tempered glass looks like when it breaks. Just shatters, doesn't stay in a sheet like safety glass. Probably cheaper to get another barn door than to have the glass replaced ( or so a glass repair guy told me). But that looks like the biggest problem with this Burb...

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what tempered glass looks like when it breaks. Just shatters, doesn't stay in a sheet like safety glass. Probably cheaper to get another barn door than to have the glass replaced ( or so a glass repair guy told me).
Yep, I'm still finding shards in mine after the mirror being punched through the door glass.
But that looks like the biggest problem with this Burb...
There's enough there to make a decent Burb from. OP got lucky.