Won't turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregory Cobb

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this page I have a 94 GMC 1500 4x4 350tbi it's been slowly getting to we're it takes longer to actually spin over well now I drink it up this morning and let it warm up like always went to the store was in there maybe 10 minutes came out and it won't do anything nothing comes on Windows don't work I went and bought a ignition switch that goes on top of the steering column still nothing you can jump the starter but it won't crank any help would be very much appreciated

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad battery or bad starter? Some of the local parts stores can test them for you. What happens when you just jump the battery?

TexasT

Reaction score
If you put a socket on the crank bolt, does it turn the engine over? If you pull the belt off do the water pump, alternator and pwr steering pump pulleys turn? Cables from battery to ground and starter in good condition? Are they hot after you try to start it?

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery is good if you jump the starter it spins over but won't crank

Help me understand what you mean by it spins but won’t crank. Like the starter spins but won’t engage with the teeth on the flex plate/flywheel?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congrats on sorting it out. Glad it was something simple (this time ! ) . Welcome to the forum.