Wiring under the carpet: Questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mclaughlin006

Reaction score
Thanks for reading, hopefully someone can answer my questions.

I am completely gutting and redoing my 1998 2-door Tahoe, it's been long past time to do so. The carpet was SHOT, as it'd been used as a work truck and borrowed by various family members for moves and other jobs. So, since the upholsterer has my seats to redo the padding and recover, I decided to snatch out all of the old carpet. Under the driver's side carpet, I saw the standard wires for the power/lumbar seat, but there are 2 plugs to the right side of the floorboard that aren't connected to anything. Can anyone tell me what they're for?

You must be registered for see images attach

My 2nd questions is, I bought some heated seat kits to throw in there. Figured since the seats were being redone as was the carpet, there'd be no better time than now. I bought lower and upper warmers for both front seats, and 2 for the bench seat in the back. Where/how would be the most effective way to wire these up? I didn't see a guide on those things, but I admittedly didn't look incredibly hard.

Thanks,

Mike

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those look like plugs for lights, mabye for some kind of console or something.

Mysteriphys

Reaction score
check amps required (for ALL of them together), run proper gauged wire from spares in the fuse box to where you need them tape/wrap onto to harness and cut to length (possibly use a distribution block depending on whether the heater harnesses wire together before connecting or not), add a connector if necessary and voila!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I cant tell where this picture is at

sent from my outdated S3

mclaughlin006

Reaction score
@thz71: Those wires are on the right side of the driver floorboard.

As far as what they were for, I figured they were way too small to run heated seats, but figured they had to be for something. Perhaps some LED's in the console would work, I've seen some pretty nice jobs in the member's trucks forum.

Mercy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also would like to know... I have the exact same thing never could figure it out.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I would guess its for the floor shift

sent from my outdated S3