Wiring LED cubes to come on with reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For anyone going the toggle switch route it's a little more in depth but you could wire them in with your reverse lights without a switch or anything and then still have the toggle to turn them on when you want. It would probably backfeed your trucks factory reverse lights when powered with the toggle unless a diode was used.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
Hook up the rear lights with a switch, as you would a fog light.

PeteyG708

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of having them in a switch as well. I want to do LED Reverse Bulbs in my stock housings to see how much it improves, but also with the LED style tails (those seem to have a clearer reverse lens). I also want to integrate an LED light bar for Stop/Turn/Running/Reverse between the tailgate and bumper to see if it helps. Finding the right one is tricky though, as I have seen some that are very bright, some very dim, and some that appear “pink” when in reverse.

That being said, if you do want to wire them up with the reverse circuit, ChrisFix did this on his Mazda Pickup with some LED cubes as well. He shows the proper way to wire them up as well:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
I hooked up my cube LED's & aimed them slightly downward and a bit outward so when I back & turn, it clearly shows what's back there.

Kyle_drake97

Reaction score
I wired in some after market reverse lights on my burb I hot wires them into my reverse light harness with a diaode then ran another circuit with a relay and a switch in the cab with another diaode so I could turn them on whenever I please or when I put the truck in reverse

mrstang01

Reaction score
Wired my led bars up so they come on with reverse, and on a switch so I can use them when loading/unloading trailers. Also handy if some jackass is on your tail with bright lights...

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really have fought with the idea of using mine on folks following with bright lights. But with the road rage crazys out there I would rather avoid confrontations. A lot of new vehicles just have such bright lights that even low beams can be bright when following, having bigger mirrors than a car doesn't help.