Wiring Help? LS 5.3l swap into 1999 Vortec Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Okay guys, I am helping a friend with an LS 5.3 swap into his 1999 Vortec Suburban. This is what we have: LS engine harness with plug in for only the C2 fuse/relay panel. The plan was to keep the stock harness for all of the interior get rid of the old black vcm box and install the ls 411 computer in the old vcm location. The question I am trying to figure out is should I keep the Vortec fuse/relay panel or switch to the LS one? If so, I am trying to figure out which wires to I need to repin to the LS computer, and then what do I need to do with the old harness connectors?

Everything I keep running across tends to be concentrating on using the ls computer on a vortec, but I am trying to find out how to use the ls computer and LS engine and harness with the Vortec Interior.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

craig98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine was fairly easy to do i just traced out all my signal wires to the guage cluster from the factory harness and just taped into the ls harness.