wiring 241c transfer case

Discussion in 'Transfer Cases' started by Jeff Lewis, Oct 11, 2018 at 11:21 PM.

1. Jeff Lewis

Jeff Lewis Newbie

I have a 1988 chevy 1500 4wd. I just rebuilt every thing in the truck except the motor and transmission. I gave it to my daughter and two weeks later the truck is back and missing the rear drive shaft and half the transfer case. So I bought a 94 chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 and was going to use the 241 c out of it. Sounded like a great idea but the old one has a 2 wire four wheel drive switch and its short. the new one is a 3wire switch and about a inch long so is there a switch I can buy to make this work or am I going to be tearing this all down and trying to build one out of two units? or can I redo the wiring to make the three wire switch work? any and all help is needed thanks for the space.

2. MIHELA

MIHELA King of the Scrapyard

The later units use a 3 pin to send a signal to the PCM to indicate that the transfer case is in 4-LO. You just need to wire that 3 pin plug into your harness and skip the 3rd pin. Switching to a 2 pin involves replacing the sector inside the case.

3. Jeff Lewis

Jeff Lewis Newbie

ok im all for a easy fix can you tell me what two wires I use and what wire I don't use in this? I will order the three pin plug tonight if this will work as I sure wasn't looking forward to changing out that selector inside that the push ball rides on.

4. smdk2500

smdk2500 I'm Awesome

Im hard on stuff but I have never done that before. She must have been having a heck of a good time to do that.