Wiper switch ... fuuuuu ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quickturtle72

Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals). My best friend gave me a 93 Chevy C1500 for Christmas and I'm completely in love with her. I know just enough about working on her to get myself in trouble. Anyway, here's the deal:

My wiper switch in my steering column is bad. Specifically, my wipers won't shut off. Delay works, both speeds are fine, but the only way to shut the wipers off is to pull the fuse or unplug under the hood. I've replaced the pulse control module and that didn't do the trick, so I'm pretty certain the problem is with the switch.

I've watched a few YouTube videos and it looks like replacing the switch is a pain in the ass. Anyone know for sure? I'm at the point that I've actually considered installing a toggle switch on my dash and controlling the wipers that way. Don't want to do that unless I have to ...

Thoughts or suggestions?

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals). My best friend gave me a 93 Chevy C1500 for Christmas and I'm completely in love with her. I know just enough about working on her to get myself in trouble. Anyway, here's the deal:

My wiper switch in my steering column is bad. Specifically, my wipers won't shut off. Delay works, both speeds are fine, but the only way to shut the wipers off is to pull the fuse or unplug under the hood. I've replaced the pulse control module and that didn't do the trick, so I'm pretty certain the problem is with the switch.

I've watched a few YouTube videos and it looks like replacing the switch is a pain in the ass. Anyone know for sure? I'm at the point that I've actually considered installing a toggle switch on my dash and controlling the wipers that way. Don't want to do that unless I have to ...

Thoughts or suggestions?

It is a pain in the ass. But it's also worth it to do the job the right way, and repeating it later (as I've done, on an '83 Delta 88, '89 Cavalier and '90 Cad Brougham) isn't nearly so bad.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
what about adding a switch to the dash that cuts power to the wiper fuse?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd still be looking at engine bay grounds before going to the trouble of replacing a switch that very rarely goes bad.

Richard