Windshield washer quit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went out this morning and the truck was covered in pollen, hit the windshield washer and não bueno. Checked the fuse and all is good. I need a wiring diagram or someone that can tell me if the washer motor is controlled by the control stalk on the steering column or the wiper motor. The washer motor currently has no power going to it. I tested the connector with my multi-meter. Washer fluid is over half full if that matters.

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the same truck that has turn signal problems, right. I'd say bad multi-function lever assy is the culprit to both issues

Yes and possible. If the washer fluid pump is directly controlled from the stalk and not by way of the wiper motor then this may be my issue. No problems with the wiper's operations.

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be the circuit board on the wiper motor, changed my pump and still didn't work, changed wiper motor to a newer model 92-3? with the motor with the curved circuit board, and everything works fine.

The square circuit board is no longer available, some say you can soder it, but it still won't work. My wipers would take along time to shut off, and sometimes shut off in the middle of the windshield.

Doug in P.R.:cool:

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be the circuit board on the wiper motor, changed my pump and still didn't work, changed wiper motor to a newer model 92-3? with the motor with the curved circuit board, and everything works fine.

The square circuit board is no longer available, some say you can soder it, but it still won't work. My wipers would take along time to shut off, and sometimes shut off in the middle of the windshield.

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Thanks. I think that may be the problem. The wipers occasionally take a couple of extra swipes before parking the wipers.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
I changed the wiper motor in my '88 GMC. Bought a new 1992 motor. EASY to do, same mounts, no mods needed. All controls inside cab works the 1992 motor.