Windshield washer pulse delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Is there a way to stop the windshield washer from pulsing in time with the wipers. Mine washer puts all the water on the bottom side of the wiper with very little making it on top. Like the timing is off??

Thanks!

Ken

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be clogged, or a weak/worn out pump. My 93 Suburbans pumps turn on and off as the wipers move too. I'd pull the nozzles off (have to remove the vent cover/cowling) and check that it flows with air before replacing a pump.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a way to stop the windshield washer from pulsing in time with the wipers. Mine washer puts all the water on the bottom side of the wiper with very little making it on top. Like the timing is off??

Thanks!

Ken

My 88 does the same thing. Recently I pulled the cowl because the left side hose was blocked. Turned out to be the line was just pinched. Still not enough pressure in my opinion. But better than nothing.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was having the same problem, turned out my pump had cracked one winter. Mine was under the storage container (that Hotwheels was trying to sell on one of her posts) forward on the drivers side. Easy job. The pump was in stock at my local Canadian Tire store.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
You should be able to chase the wires and rewire around the motor. I plan to do the same mod as well as adding hose/nozzles on the wiper arms themselves. Snow gets packed around the nozzles in the winter. Momma's Astro has that setup and it works well.
When/if I get it figured out I'll post it.

kenh

Reaction score
I have a 90 c1500. I pulled the cowl the other day to blow out all the lines. Everything is clear but the right side for one thing is not aimed correctly and the nozzle must be damaged as it squirts off to one side plus to low. Plenty of volume and pressure. The driver's side does OK. I like the idea of nozzles on the arm! Might have to investigate that!

Ken

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And there is nothing obstructing the outlets,( nice and round). Gently bend the nozzle to correct the aim. My sons POS plymouth has nozzles on the blade centers. Every year new hoses on arms exposure eats them up. But 100F plus summers and 20 F winters don't help.

kenh

Reaction score
And there is nothing obstructing the outlets,( nice and round). Gently bend the nozzle to correct the aim. My sons POS plymouth has nozzles on the blade centers. Every year new hoses on arms exposure eats them up. But 100F plus summers and 20 F winters don't help.

That would be easy except mine are a molded plastic nozzle that snaps into the cowl vent grill. NO adjustment! I think the mentioned conversion to the nozzle on the wiper arm is the trick way to go. Junk yard parts. Cheap and easy!!

Ken

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't done anything with my GMT400 windshield washer nozzles, but if they're anything like all the others made in the '90s, you just stick a pick in the hole and move it around.

[please wait while I run outside and look]

Doh! They're not the same. Like kenh said, they're molded into the cowl and the nozzle itself isn't a tiny moveable metal ball like every other manufacturer used.