Window switch light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have replaced mine, but the only place I could find the bulbs, was in the junk yard, off of another GMT400. I took the whole switch from the junk yard, and once I got it home, I stripped it as needed. I think I pulled 3 or 4 sets to have extra.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh the reason I did not just replace the whole switch unit, is because the ones I found were a little different than mine. You can use the bulbs from any door to fit into any other door. I think they are soldered in but I dint remember, its been a while since I've done mine. I do know that they have a clear plastic deal that bends the light. I also removed the green rubber cover over the light. This makes the light more yellow than green.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just toss some LED replacements in, they sell them cheap with the twist lock base on them. That's what I used on both my gmt400s
Info man, info. Where did you get them. Are the just plug and play, or do you need to install resestors or what ever. Give us a web sight to get them from.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot I took off a guys youtube video. I believe he is a member on here too.
You must be registered for see images attach

I ordered the following bulbs from superbright for my cluster, hvac and headlight switch . The headlight bulb is very similar to the door switches.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: