Window switch light bulbs

Discussion in 'OEM and Custom Interiors' started by Chevyguy78, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Chevyguy78

Chevyguy78 I'm Awesome

has anyone found a way to replace the window switch lights? I hate that mine are burnt out but I can’t find replacements....

2. kennythewelder

kennythewelder B31-3 (6-G) certified

I have replaced mine, but the only place I could find the bulbs, was in the junk yard, off of another GMT400. I took the whole switch from the junk yard, and once I got it home, I stripped it as needed. I think I pulled 3 or 4 sets to have extra.

3. kennythewelder

Oh the reason I did not just replace the whole switch unit, is because the ones I found were a little different than mine. You can use the bulbs from any door to fit into any other door. I think they are soldered in but I dint remember, its been a while since I've done mine. I do know that they have a clear plastic deal that bends the light. I also removed the green rubber cover over the light. This makes the light more yellow than green.

4. big_mike

big_mike I'm Awesome

Just toss some LED replacements in, they sell them cheap with the twist lock base on them. That's what I used on both my gmt400s

5. kennythewelder

Info man, info. Where did you get them. Are the just plug and play, or do you need to install resestors or what ever. Give us a web sight to get them from.

6. big_mike

big_mike I'm Awesome

Here is a screen shot I took off a guys youtube video. I believe he is a member on here too. Screenshot_2018-03-01-17-07-08.png

I ordered the following bulbs from superbright for my cluster, hvac and headlight switch . The headlight bulb is very similar to the door switches.
    Screenshot_2018-03-01-21-24-55.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018