Window sweep on Chevy? Watch this guy saved me a lot of time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Once GM quit using the metal clips on them (first few years of 400's) they'll remove themselves if you just roll the window up enough. Garbage.. :(

By the way, you might talk to a paint and body man about spraying WD40 around any painted areas of your truck. Not cool..

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I cleaned up some trash talk from this thread and one other. Please keep the discussions civil, guys.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once GM quit using the metal clips on them (first few years of 400's) they'll remove themselves if you just roll the window up enough. Garbage.. :(

By the way, you might talk to a paint and body man about spraying WD40 around any painted areas of your truck. Not cool..

Richard
Or they start to peel up on the edges letting you know it's time for a replacement lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I cleaned up some trash talk from this thread and one other. Please keep the discussions civil, guys.
Before my very informative reply was clowned by a new guy, causing my response to him to get deleted, my explanation of the advice was to avoid spraying WD40 (or similar products) on painted areas because it can cause fisheyes on any future paint work. Anybody who doesn't believe this is welcome to look it up. :)

Richard

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fish eyes are a pain to deal with. I've only painted a hood and a fender, DIY type of work...but have a little more knowledge on finishes in general in wood and metal (lacquer, oil, acrylic, 2k urethane basecoat/clearcoat, etc.) and so I am aware of them. My friend that does body work has some stories where he lost literally a week's worth of work from fish eyes showing up on the clear final coat of a complete repaint job. It happens and it's a real problem from wax, sillicone and oil contaminations.

I really like this site and have learned a lot, but sometimes simple statements get blown out of proportion by folks. Hats off to Moderators for keeping everything in order. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.