Window Deflectors/Vent Visors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking to get some vent visors for my truck because this heat thought it would stick around another month or so. I have some tape-ons that came with my truck when I bought it, all they need is the tape removed, new tape added on, and I would be good to go. But I have been wanting to get some in channel ones for a long time because I don't feel like taping that item on my good paint, but if push does come to shove, I will put on my old tape-on ones, which will kind of match my newly (old) acquired bug guard. The tints both match, so that would be a plus.

I have also read that in channel ones are a hit and miss on our trucks, are there ones I should look out for? There is a truck accessory place near me and they have AVS, WeatherTech, Wade, Stampede and others that I can't name off the top of my head. The WeatherTech and AVS in channels is what I am currently looking to get. The tape-on ones that I have will have to be trimmed since I have tow mirrors (the base of the tow mirrors are curved, whereas the stock mirrors are flat), so that's why I want the in channels more.

Just want some opinions on the in channels vs the tape-ons on our trucks. I don't like the fact that people can see that my windows are open about an inch.

Thanks!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
AVS in-channels for our trucks suck in my experience. I fought them for a while and then went with tape-ons. Then quit smoking, realized how ugly they were, and took them off. :lol:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did order some in-channels just to try out to see if they work or not, if they don't work, oh well, lesson learned.

Z71tn98

Reaction score
i have the big bulky tape on ones right now. they did well but obstruct my mirror while towing as they are the dark plastic and my windows are dark tinted. im looking for replacements as my truck is at the body shop getting painted right now. looking at both some smaller tape on and smaller in channel. so will be keeping an eye on this post

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Interested as well. I had tape ons that came with my doors but one was covered in duct tape and both were out on crooked. Found some almost perfect suburban doors today I might pick up that don't have visors as of yet.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I had tape on for about 4 years after I got mine repainted, randomly decided to take them off one day earlier in the year mainly because some of the tape was coming loose so I would either have to restick them or just leave them off.

I never put them back on lol

I like how it looks way better without them on and I don't really need them for their intended functionality that much

However they are a pain to get off after a couple years. Scratched up the paint, but I was able to buff really well with a 3 step.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I have the AVS ones with the sticky tape. Never had a set of the in channel style, but did put a couple sets of them on some of my company trucks and they flew off on the highway with the windows down.

I like my stick-ons. And I'm keeping them. And my bug shield. And if I could find them, I'd also run a non-lighted cab visor and spoiler.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Just put on my in-channel visors. The driver's side went in good, the passenger side was, ok. The tape doesn't line up, so I'm only covering half of the 1/4" tape. AVS should've put the tape all the way up to the edge. If these fly off, I will redo it with my own tape. But, they seem be good. Can't wait to try them out! Was a lot easier to install than I expected, instructions weren't that bad, I was surprised.

I will report after a week of using them to see if I need to redo the tape or not. I normally don't roll my windows down after hitting 45. 45+ it's just too windy, hurts the ears. It will be nice using these in the heat.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Rehashing old thread (sorry) -

My 97 needs some of vent visors, as I am missing them since I have them on my 98, but can't decide whether to get chrome or smoke vent visors. Should I get the chrome ones so they match my chrome bug shield or get the smoked ones regardless? I leaning towards the smoke ones, mostly because they are cheap and easily accessible in any farm store, whereas the chrome ones are more expensive and I would have to special order them.

BTW, I forgot to report back on the in channel ones. They are amazing! Worth the $60 I paid for them! And work well with the tow mirrors, no cutting/modification required.