Will Vortec Heads work with my 92 TBI intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Hello All,

New here, this is an awesome forum. I have a question, I'm doing my first build on a 92 RCSB (sport side). I'm working on rebuilding the engine (TBI 350) and have it all torn down, took the heads to the machine shop and one of them is cracked. Since this is my first rebuild I want to keep it simple and try to keep it TBI etc. My question is could I use Vortec heads with the factory intake and Throttle body? Do I have to buy a new intake to work with Vortec's if I decide to go that route. My buddy runs a parts house and can get me a deal on a set of Vortec's or should I just try to find some original heads that would have come with that motor?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
You will need a new intake manifold to bolt to the Vortec heads, something like the GM Performance 12496821 intake manifold, designed for just this purpose, as the Vortec heads only have eight holes to bolt the intake to the heads. You may also need to address the EGR, should you need to keep it, which would require either drilling and tapping an exhaust return line in an exhaust manifold or grabbing an exhaust manifold off of a Vortec motor with the provision already there. Good luck, I'm sure others will have more to chime in with.

Tom

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need a new intake manifold to bolt to the Vortec heads, something like the GM Performance 12496821 intake manifold, designed for just this purpose, as the Vortec heads only have eight holes to bolt the intake to the heads. You may also need to address the EGR, should you need to keep it, which would require either drilling and tapping an exhaust return line in an exhaust manifold or grabbing an exhaust manifold off of a Vortec motor with the provision already there. Good luck, I'm sure others will have more to chime in with.

Tom
What he said

bigtmoney

Reaction score
I figured it wouldn't be that easy, I guess I'll have to call around to some salvage yards and see if I can find some heads. Thanks guys.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you live any where near North GA I have some i'm trying to get rid of

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in Nashville, how much are you looking for?
150$ and here are some pics only thing is theres no rocker arm now
They have about 60k on them and the shines due to wd40

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man would like to find some around here for that kinda price. old man needs some for his truck.