Will these work? Need help quick!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will these fit my 98 with a 2/4 drop? Will they tuck? Will i have any issues? Need help fast before they are sold.
You must be registered for see images attach

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey buddy, go to the wheel spacing thread at the top of this forum. Note the back spacing of these wheels and check the chart. It'll tell you of those will will work.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I checked but was confused with frontspaceing and backspacing and offset and so on. Was just looking for a for aure answer in a seperate post i had put up but really no one reaponds. Was a good deal but are now gone. Just looking for someone who actually has a similar setup as what i am wanting so i dont order the wrong wheels. A guy rsponded to me about his truck that is exactly what im looking for but im not sure if i order the aame size whells as his that if i decide to go lower that a 2/4 drop that it will still tuck. His is 15x7 with -6 Offset and 15x8 -19 with 275 60 15 and 235 70 15. I just cant wrapmy head around all the offset. The wheels i found give it in backspacing and i underatand that but i look at the chart on here and it says anything more than 3 1/4 Front spacing wont tuck. I hope im not confusing you
Lol. Im confused enough myself

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I checked but was confused with frontspaceing and backspacing and offset and so on. Was just looking for a for aure answer in a seperate post i had put up but really no one reaponds. Was a good deal but are now gone. Just looking for someone who actually has a similar setup as what i am wanting so i dont order the wrong wheels. A guy rsponded to me about his truck that is exactly what im looking for but im not sure if i order the aame size whells as his that if i decide to go lower that a 2/4 drop that it will still tuck. His is 15x7 with -6 Offset and 15x8 -19 with 275 60 15 and 235 70 15. I just cant wrapmy head around all the offset. The wheels i found give it in backspacing and i underatand that but i look at the chart on here and it says anything more than 3 1/4 Front spacing wont tuck. I hope im not confusing you
Lol. Im confused enough myself

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I don't think my rear wheels and tires would tuck. The front ones might, but the tire would be real damn close to the fender.

keep in mind those BFG tires are about 1" less in diameter than the stock 235/75R15, so that's additional 1/2" of clearance at the top. So that a tuck on a stock tire would be a gap with the BFG's.

I would stick to chart @Aarong23 mentioned. Those are the absolute minimum offets/backspaces that "might" tuck, and I assume they would be right on the fender. When the chart says negative offset or higher it means less negative. As the offest goes positive, it moves the wheel more inside.

The offset is the distance the mating plane of the wheel to the rotor is to the center of the wheel. backspace is the distance from the mating plane to the inside rear lip of the wheel, and front space is to the front inside lip of the wheel. Usually, a true wheel width (outside edge to outside edge) is about 1" wider than the listed wheel width due to the bead lip thickness (about 1/2"). These are probably already figured in to the chart for the spacings listed on the chart.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Will these fit my 98 with a 2/4 drop? Will they tuck? Will i have any issues? Need help fast before they are sold.

TBH and not really trying to be salty here, nothing "tucks" on a 2/4 drop unless you put school-bus-tall tires on the wheels.

Richard