Will my truck tow car? Towing tips anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice r31! That doesn't seem like it should've gave your truck that much trouble,I just towed my buddies 73 caprice to a shop with my tahoe,same specs as your truck and it had zero problems,car was on a tandem axle trailer too,I never had to downshift,even going up hill(for about 1/2mi)

Thanks. Mountain passes suck pulling a car trailer and I went through 5

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice r31! That doesn't seem like it should've gave your truck that much trouble,I just towed my buddies 73 caprice to a shop with my tahoe,same specs as your truck and it had zero problems,car was on a tandem axle trailer too,I never had to downshift,even going up hill(for about 1/2mi)
Well them 7+% grades in Idaho and MT will do a lot more than anything I've seen or even heard of in Ohio.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Well them 7+% grades in Idaho and MT will do a lot more than anything I've seen or even heard of in Ohio.
That's true,the worst hills here
That's true,I've never been out there but I towed the same caprice with a grand cherokee through tennessee and kentucky and that really sucked lol it's probably nowhere near as bad though

andfern97

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I just got done towing my 2000 tahoe 200 miles with my 4.3 5 speed 3.42 truck keeping the speed at about 60 , no problems at all. just take it slow and steady, You are not gonna win any races, but it will do it. BTW the tow rating on a V6 5 speed with 3.42s in only 2500 lbs trailer weight..lol

Jeez, yeah that is quite a bit over the tow rating lol. I'm still nervous about it and mine is within the tow rating. Maybe it's just because I've never towed anything this heavy, hopefully when I get on the road next week I'll be pleasantly surprised and not so nervous. I could rent a truck I guess, but I don't really wanna pay the 80 cents a mile, and I already have a truck so...