Will GMT 800 truck rear axle swap into GMT 400s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SShockwave

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A buddy of mine and I are parting out the 99-06 style trucks and I was wanting to know if the complete rear axle from the 99-06 truck (not SUV) will swap over into my 96?

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
what year is the truck the 99-02's have disc's and 03-06's have drums iirc

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any more information on this??

Is moving spring pads and shock mounts really the only things required?

If this is indeed fact, I can't believe this is not a more common mod among the GMT400 community.

Report back what all you had to do! Please!

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put GMT800 and GMT900 14FF in my square bodies all the time, just have to buy new spring pads and shock tabs.

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put GMT800 and GMT900 14FF in my square bodies all the time, just have to buy new spring pads and shock tabs.
Thank you thank you thank you! Its hard to find definitive information on such with the interchangeable terminology regarding compatibility of these parts. Very happy to hear it's only the minor overcoming of fastening to suspension.

Buy?

Being as we're already cutting/grinding and welding here, why not repurpose?

Do pads and tabs need to come off the GMT400 axle being replaced? Or are the GMT800 bits being removed suitable?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk