Will 98 doors fit a 93

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Yup. Besides the trim panels and electronics, they're the same. No guarantee on the tolerances tho

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are some minor differences, I don't know the years of the changes.
The jamb vent went from stamped in the door to a removable plastic piece.
Some doors had a recess on the inner panel for the door pull strap.
My 89 GMC needed the recess, someone replace it with doors without the recess. They cut the recess out of the old door and
riveted it to the new one. I would guess this design change went when they changed the interior trim panels.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes but, keep in mind that as the trucks are built, the tooling that stamps the steel gets worn a little, so there may he slight differences in the overall size of each part. The parts will fit, but you may see a larger gap in the fit between the door and cab and, or fender. The fender can be adjusted to close this gap. Also again depending on tooling, and how often it gets replaced, you may see the opposite.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some really strange info in here, but here's what you need to know - There are a bunch of differences when it comes to interior trim fitting. The 96-98 door will work with modification on the older 88-95 models and be compatible with the interior trims, but the old style door is NOT compatible with the newer stuff without a bunch of dicking around to fit the interior panels. Get the correct door and save yourself the headache.

You must be registered for see images attach

97K1500Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI the HD's had this body style until 2000. I have a 99 driver door on my 97. Gaps are off a bit but gap tolerances were bad to begin with. GM finally started paying attention to gaps with GMT900 generation 2007.5+

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Tahoe went into 99 and part of 2000 also, but most people keep talking about 88-98 to save confusion with the 1/2 tons.